Make Your Voice Heard - CDC Questionnaire

The CDC is seeking input from the public regarding onboard Covid-19 protocols before cruise lines can again operate.  Most of us want to get back to cruising sooner than later so let's come up with constructive ideas to submit.  There are some masters, mariners and experienced cruisers here so if you can take the time, the cruising community will love you!  Press the blue comment button on the top of the form to submit your answers.  There are 28 questions in all but some don't answer all and anything you can add will be helpful. You can view some of the comments as a guideline. Some people just put their initials -- you don't have to write your full name if you don't want to.  Thank you in advance!

https://beta.regulations.gov/document/CDC-2020-0087-0001

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...but this has already posted and discussed on this board.

I personally don't think the CDC will actually give much weight to our answers.

I must have missed the previous discussion on CC, I'm not here as often as some,  but thanks for pointing that out.  There was a recent plea by the travel industry to get the opinions over to the CDC before the expiration date and that's where I first saw the info.  A direct link to post the info also helps.

Hopefully some have sent their input directly to the CDC.  Every vote counts, IMHO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BND said:

I don't think it really matters what our opinions are.  I still think a vaccine is what will be required for most sailings.

Possibly, but it doesn't hurt to press the direct button to the CDC and cut and paste some very good recommendations and suggestions some have posted on this board.  

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The thread was about two weeks ago:

Thank you. I will read it.  Don't think there is any harm in posting the CDC request again. Some of us may have missed it the first go round and for those that saw it already,  If it only serves as a reminder as the deadline draws near, and not to rehash a discussion, I will have contributed my part in a decision that will affect all cruisers in the future.  

This should be posted weekly, and repeated as many times as necessary.  Pretty sure, questions about chair hogs, drink questions, what time to arrive, is sharing allowed, can you get water, is it safe, and what should I do if my neighbor smokes are asked weekly.  (plus a few dozen other questions)

• Like 2

All this does is tell the US cruisers what the CDC is going to require from the cruise lines. Because they are taking massive tax breaks registering outside of the US, they don't want the financial responsibility of what is required when they have a Covid case onboard and try to return to a US port. 6, 7, and 8 are clear statements and not questions. They basically are telling the cruise lines that they must have plans in place before returning to port, medical staff, quarantine facilities, and all logistics in place to quarantine everyone onboard a ship for at least 14-days. They also have to insure the port city that there will be no way for the infected to go anywhere but from ship to quarantine. On a ship the size of Oasis class, even with 75% capacity, you are looking at 6,000 people in quarantine for at least 14-days. Do you think the cruise line will cover that charge? Between medical staff, facilities, and everything else, you are talking at least $750pp/day. That comes out to $63M. I don't see them doing it and I don't see 100% of people planning to go onboard agreeing to cover the cost.