Refund after accepting peace of mind

luv2plan

I apologize if this has been answered already but was wondering if anyone who accepted NCL Peace Of Mind FCC was able to get a refund after the fact. We cancelled the first day Peace of Mind was offered before our April 30th cruise was cancelled. Had we waited we would have taken the refund but at that point we did not know the cruise would be cancelled and we were nervous to sail. I  was wondering if anyone was successful as we tried to grieve with credit card but had no success.

10 minutes ago, luv2plan said:

I apologize if this has been answered already but was wondering if anyone who accepted NCL Peace Of Mind FCC was able to get a refund after the fact. We cancelled the first day Peace of Mind was offered before our April 30th cruise was cancelled. Had we waited we would have taken the refund but at that point we did not know the cruise would be cancelled and we were nervous to sail. I  was wondering if anyone was successful as we tried to grieve with credit card but had no success.

Isn't your credit card denial the answer?     Sorry-  YOU accepted the terms of YOUR cancellation,  which was NO refund and  a Future Cruise Credit-  only.       It's a done deal.   

• Like 1

Budget Queen I fully know the terms and conditions of the Peace of Mind but I was asking if anyone had been successful receiving a refund from their credit card company. 

All ready 2 cruise thank you.  We are in the same boat I was just wondering if anyone had any other results.

It would be interesting to see if anyone had had any luck trying that.   Personally i would say that NCL will not vary the T&Cs as they made a special offer which you accepted.   I suppose the answer is that there is no "buyer's remorse".

4 hours ago, luv2plan said:

Budget Queen I fully know the terms and conditions of the Peace of Mind but I was asking if anyone had been successful receiving a refund from their credit card company. All ready 2 cruise thank you.  We are in the same boat I was just wondering if anyone had any other results.

I have not seen anyone post that they cancelled their own cruise (vs. letting  NCL cancel the cruise) and got a cash refund. 

You cancelling a cruise (FCC Only) falls under a different set of rules than NCL cancelling a cruise (which provides a cash refund). You should have just waited. 

So we had a family member with a 7k honeymoon Europe cruise paid in full and the sail date was cancelled so they moved it to another date and it too was cancelled , so now they are out 7K. This too does not seem fair at all! They did not cancel, the cruise line did.

1 hour ago, fla gang said:

So we had a family member with a 7k honeymoon Europe cruise paid in full and the sail date was cancelled so they moved it to another date and it too was cancelled , so now they are out 7K. This too does not seem fair at all! They did not cancel, the cruise line did.

They paid for the second cruise with a FCC, so that is what they are left with. If they accepted a refund in cash for the first cancellation and then booked the second cruise, they could receive a cash refund.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

They paid for the second cruise with a FCC, so that is what they are left with. If they accepted a refund in cash for the first cancellation and then booked the second cruise, they could receive a cash refund.

And they got a 25% bonus with the first cancellation FCC terms.      

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fla gang said:

The second cruise was paid with FCC from the first cruise?      Isn’t it being omitted their “out” claim also includes a 25% bonus FCC?       

They never plan on cruising again in the next few years?     The credit does have a 1 time transfer option as well.   

So to get a refund they would have had to cancel the first  cruise, or in the case of the cruise line cancelling the cruise , they should have asked for a refund at that time and turn around and book a new honeymoon cruise hoping the ship would sail?

1 hour ago, fla gang said:

So to get a refund they would have had to cancel the first  cruise, or in the case of the cruise line cancelling the cruise , they should have asked for a refund at that time and turn around and book a new honeymoon cruise hoping the ship would sail?

Yes.

I cancelled my past March cruise 3 days before NCL cancelled. Knowing my 2 cruises per year , I called my PCC to cancel and re-book Nov.. After looking at the itinerary a week later , I re-booked my re-booking for a different Nov. sailing. Thru out all this I got my 25% bonus as well as a mini suite. I now have rebooked again for next March !!! 2021

They have my money paid in full since Sept 2019 . I ain't getting it back no-how !!!!