Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

16 minutes ago, Boris5471 said:

Anyone staying in the Haven that can compare the food to the specialty restaurants? Thanks 

I just finished a 10 day cruise  Copenhagen to Southampton in the Haven

The menu of the Haven is exactly the same than all other Haven Restaurants on other ships.

The quality is excellent but for longer cruises, it is my opinion that the variety is not great.  I only had 5 dinners in the Haven Restaurant.  As I sailed 2 weeks on the Bliss in the Haven last Feburary, I had already tried all the options of the menu.  The quality of the food is also excellent in the Specialty restaurants.  The bistro remains my best choice.  What I really enjoy of the Haven restuarant is the breakefast.  Nice variety which include a small buffet for fruits, pastries and cheese, and a great service.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

I just finished a 10 day cruise  Copenhagen to Southampton in the Haven

The menu of the Haven is exactly the same than all other Haven Restaurants on other ships.

The quality is excellent but for longer cruises, it is my opinion that the variety is not great.  I only had 5 dinners in the Haven Restaurant.  As I sailed 2 weeks on the Bliss in the Haven last Feburary, I had already tried all the options of the menu.  The quality of the food is also excellent in the Specialty restaurants.  The bistro remains my best choice.  What I really enjoy of the Haven restuarant is the breakefast.  Nice variety which include a small buffet for fruits, pastries and cheese, and a great service.  

Would love to hear more about your overall Haven experience! We sail next month and have sailed Joy, Bliss and Encore.  Curious on hearing your overall thoughts.  Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boris5471 said:

Anyone staying in the Haven that can compare the food to the specialty restaurants? Thanks 

I sailed Prima  Haven 3rd Sept for 10 days. Only 2nd time in Haven sailing with ncl 11 years.  Lunch and dinner options didnt impress me.  2 times for lunch and 1 time dinner. We did enjoy breakfast. Lots more other eating options and variety onboard. Also we had 5 speciality meals as part of package. MDR menu has better variety than Haven in my opinion for the average cruiser.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kruiserkatie said:

Would love to hear more about your overall Haven experience! We sail next month and have sailed Joy, Bliss and Encore.  Curious on hearing your overall thoughts.  Thank you!

There are great things about the Haven on the Prima but, unfortunately, many disapointments.

I will post more details comments after I return home after this cruise.

• Like 4

On 9/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, jls pebbles said:

I sailed Prima  Haven 3rd Sept for 10 days. Only 2nd time in Haven sailing with ncl 11 years.  Lunch and dinner options didnt impress me.  2 times for lunch and 1 time dinner. We did enjoy breakfast. Lots more other eating options and variety onboard. Also we had 5 speciality meals as part of package. MDR menu has better variety than Haven in my opinion for the average cruiser.

When dining in the Haven for dinner, is it possible to order from the MDR menu?

Tom

12 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

I think if you give them advanced notice, yes. With the never changing menu that may be easier since you already know what the options are all week long. We've never done it, if we wanted food from the MDR we would just go to the MDR. I don't need the hoity toity fawning and attention that comes from the Haven restaurant. Sometimes I just want my food and to be left alone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I think if you give them advanced notice, yes. With the never changing menu that may be easier since you already know what the options are all week long. We've never done it, if we wanted food from the MDR we would just go to the MDR. I don't need the hoity toity fawning and attention that comes from the Haven restaurant. Sometimes I just want my food and to be left alone.

Thanks

I'd rather endure a little hoity toity fawning than have to wait and try to get the attention of a stretched-too-thin server in a bustling dining room. 🙂

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

@Sailing12Away your response to @Tom-n-Cherylis absolutely 💯 and my thoughts exactly. I don't always sail Haven and the service can be to scripted and overboard for me. My vacation hero was a waiter in mdr as the service came from the heart. @Tom-n-Cheryl

Little offtopic but I want to share, I know that choir of man and noise boys are from the same creators. At the moment I’m in London and choir of man starts here again in October. I walked at the theater and there were some people working there and one of them had a Norwegian pr1ma jacket. Gives me a smile. 

how is the situation at the prima at the moment? How crowded  is the surfside and the entertainment?

and for all who book the prima for Europa and you are in Southampton to Starts or end the cruise stay some days in London. My sixth time here in London and still love the city. 

F287D53F-FB88-4C2E-B492-1B0C0A6564F1.thumb.jpeg.b2787a1530146eb82989a53e3b73e38e.jpeg

• Like 5

The merchandising is not only poor in quantity, it seems the quality is poor too.

i bought the sweater with the round print at the front with the Norwegian prima be the first. After the first time in the washing machine the print is destroyed ( and I washed it not to hot ) 

i bought more but that the others are not washed yet. 

4 hours ago, kessdarln said:

What is this event with all the shots? 

Just friends having fun during the transatlantic.  Late night entertainment really struggles on this ship… just karaoke in Improv then a DJ in Syd’s.  I was told the DJ in Syd’s fell asleep last night and the music came to an end until the bar crew woke him back up.  That pretty much sums up the late-night vibe on this ship. 

As a result, shots have become the entertainment for the TA-regulars.  The bar staff in Syd’s have been great all week.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Just friends having fun during the transatlantic.  Late night entertainment really struggles on this ship… just karaoke in Improv then a DJ in Syd’s.  I was told the DJ in Syd’s fell asleep last night and the music came to an end until the bar crew woke him back up.  That pretty much sums up the late-night vibe on this ship. 

As a result, shots have become the entertainment for the TA-regulars.  The bar staff in Syd’s have been great all week.  

We are just getting back into cruising after almost 3 years. We are booked on the Prima in December. Have you done a review on your Prima experience? Your reviews were always the most informative and entertaining as I recall. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Steff79 said:

The merchandising is not only poor in quantity, it seems the quality is poor too.

i bought the sweater with the round print at the front with the Norwegian prima be the first. After the first time in the washing machine the print is destroyed ( and I washed it not to hot ) 

i bought more but that the others are not washed yet. 

That's unfortunate. I always wash shirts like that in cold water and dry on low heat. Or you could air dry if you think they won't hold up. 

13 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

...I was told the DJ in Syd’s fell asleep last night and the music came to an end until the bar crew woke him back up.  That pretty much sums up the late-night vibe on this ship. 

Oh my !!

Tom

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

...I was told the DJ in Syd’s fell asleep last night and the music came to an end until the bar crew woke him back up.  That pretty much sums up the late-night vibe on this ship. 

Do you think the vibe is because it's a transatlantic, or is it just a snooze-fest of a cruise? I hope things improve as they get to the Caribbean.  It's one thing to have more low-key nightlife on a European or transatlantic ship; it's another thing entirely for a Caribbean cruise!  I mean, I'm not expecting it to be a Carnival party, but also...I'd be disappointed in MSC-levels of nightlife... (I call MSC a floating nursing home; that was my experience on Divina in 2018)

On 9/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Yes. But it means pulling someone off service in the Haven to go run 11 decks down and to the opposite end of the ship for you. Your fellow Havem diners would prefer if you ordered that through your butler and have it served in your room as not to impact the rest of the restaurant’s service. 

• Like 2