Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

Breaking news from my travel agent: the announcement & booking date have been pushed forward to May 12. No word on whether any deck plans or other info will be released before then. 

Four more weeks of speculation, hurray. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

Breaking news from my travel agent: the announcement & booking date have been pushed forward to May 12. No word on whether any deck plans or other info will be released before then. 

bummer, but really not surprised at all...I bet they push it back to June, my prediction 

12 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Ports of call for pre-inaugural (non-revenue?) schedule:

12.08.2022 Southampton

13.08.2022 Zeebrugge

14.08.2022 Southampton

15.08.2022 Amsterdam

12 hours ago, Steff79 said:

for Press/social media/TA or?

No, sounds like a revenue cruise. TA/media cruises are usually without any port stops. As there´s a gap between Aug 15th and Aug 17th this might be a non revenue cruise.

7 hours ago, coastcat said:

Breaking news from my travel agent: the announcement & booking date have been pushed forward to May 12.

Heard this too.

steamboats

That’s disappointing, but not at all unexpected.

Annoying, as whether we do the inaugural will influence our cruising plans for the next couple of years (we would do our alternative the following year instead). Given all the uncertainty and changed plans during Covid I’d love to have some bookings done.

Still, we will just have to wait.

11 hours ago, coastcat said:

Thank you for the update on launch date. Then I can focus on the news of RCI Wonder of the Seas this week, and Disney's new ship Disney Wish next week. At least each cruise line do not need to share the headlines about new ships with other companies.

Google Street View on the Via del Commercio gives a fall 2020 view of some Leonardo blocks and the megablock in the dock in the far distance. Not a thing to distinguish unfortunately. The HAL ship is already floated out next to the dry dock and the Costa ship (funnel visible) is at the outfitting quay at the time of the photo.

https://goo.gl/maps/LqrE1DhKDUGdJGDbA

Furthermore today my friends, a 101 on understanding Fincantieri Marghera, Venice.. to give comfort for the postponed big day. :classic_sad: Here we go!

1036874066_Screenshot(48).thumb.jpg.d4342ebbe8b5bf66775c471db757a82c.jpg

Ships are being built in the dry dock (1), floated out when ready to float and moored along side the building halls (#2), finally moved to #3 for further outfitting and finishing work and out to the Venice lagoon and sea (green arrow).

Most social media findings are taken from ships at location #3 towards the dry dock or in between the port side of the dry docked ship and the newly added big blue gantry crane. Starboard shots are rare due to blind walls/buildings.

From the road mentioned above you can have a magnificent view of the aft of ships at location #2, from a public road! I bet those best aft balcony depth sizes are in faster than ever when Leo 1 gets that spot! Where can we crowdfund some Venice drone geeks? :classic_ninja:

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Who wants a photo of FDR laying a coin when you can enhance the leaked go kart track image? :classic_biggrin: Never thought about doing that, the leaked photo was way too dark...

i want to see the coin and the ship, not FDR :-)))

at Meyer Werft and the Disney wish this monts:

at Fincanteri and NCL:

Edited by Steff79

On 4/24/2021 at 3:33 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

New ship reveal from other cruise lines in April:

Apr 20: Wonder of the Seas

Apr 28: Celebrity Beyond

Apr 29: Disney Wish

And where are you, NCL Leonardo?

EXACTLY!

On 4/23/2021 at 9:36 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Who wants a photo of FDR laying a coin when you can enhance the leaked go kart track image? :classic_biggrin: Never thought about doing that, the leaked photo was way too dark...

download (5).png

pista edited.jpg

Am I the only one who hoped there wouldn't be a go kart track?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pinklady65 said:

Am I the only one who hoped there wouldn't be a go kart track?

No, I hoped there would be something new/different on the upper decks of this new class of ship. 

Clearly too much of a money spinner for them to let go of, just yet. 

wonder when they bring Leo2 to Venice? They will build it in the same dock  guess? so Leo 1 is going out and Leo 2 in?

seems like the crane people left the ship yard, sadly.

without corona i would drive to the ship yard for a weekend.......

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1