Carnival cruise weeks missing for November and December

freewilly

1 hour ago, Je Souhaite said:

It’s ALL about the $$.

Exactly.  Time and time again, cruises disappeared from the site, people asked if their cruises were cancelled, and JH told everyone not to worry.  Time and time again, those cruises were eventually cancelled.  I imagine there will be an official announcement soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, iamsteph said:

Exactly.  Time and time again, cruises disappeared from the site, people asked if their cruises were cancelled, and JH told everyone not to worry.  Time and time again, those cruises were eventually cancelled.  I imagine there will be an official announcement soon. 

It now appears he is reciting talking points this morning.

the shift seems to be to the blame game.  If they don’t sail the rest of the year, it’s because of CLIA.

so hold on to you deposits and balance dues.  And your hat.  

I don’t think he will be covering any losses of Any Mr. Doomandglooms.

• Like 1

That depends on two (well, three factors):

1. Are you willing to give Carnival your full fare amount after the itinerary gets canceled for whatever period of time before the re-booked cruise date?  Some folks don't have that much liquidity in their cashflow.

2. Are you willing to risk losing that amount should Carnival file for Chapter 11 or other financial flub?  (Not likely, but non-zero chance, some would say.)

And the optional 3. Are you willing to go on the cruise in November should it actually go ahead?

1. I am willing to give Carnival my full fare as an interest free loan, and have the money blocked for 8 months till my next Cruise.

2. I am not willing to risk losing that amount should Carnival file for chapter 11.

3. I am not going to go on The Cruise in November.

I want to book it only for the free 600 OBC.

37 minutes ago, drsel said:

I don't think that Carnival will file for chapter 11 or go bankrupt, at least not in the next 8 months.
I also don't expect Cruises to sail from US ports in November.

You’re right. John Heald said we might be sailing from the US EARLIER than November. Let’s go!!!

38 minutes ago, kitten816 said:

I'm still waiting for my 14 Journey's Cruise on Nov 1st to get canceled! I thought for sure it would be by now. It hasn't shown available online to book since June.

My 14 day cruise on Nov 1 was canceled by the cruise line. Allure of the Seas.

Edited by xDisconnections

2 minutes ago, drsel said:
4 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:
My 14 day cruise on Nov 1 was canceled by the cruise line. Allure of the Seas.

Did Carnival offer you free 600 OBC to transfer your full payment?

Lol. No.

I canceled voluntarily for a full refund when I knew I wasn't going. Royal Caribbean was annoying to deal with but I got everything back. No matter the goodwill gesture, I'm not turning any monies into a merchandise credit.

Edited by xDisconnections

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Until Carnival cancels, they’re still going as planned. I think you should simmer down before you cause stress for other passengers like you.

Lol didnt you post you wouldnt cruise on carnival again? Or do I have you confused. 

So how many carnival cruises you have booked?

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol didnt you post you wouldnt cruise on carnival again? Or do I have you confused. 

So how many carnival cruises you have booked?

Currently zero Carnival reservations are booked but that can change. Carnival isn’t my preference but I wouldn’t have an issue booking should they be the right option for that vacation’s purpose. I was just on a Carnival ship in December 🙂 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chrystine5 said:

I just looked for my cruise in January, no longer listed!

Same here...I have a B2B booked on the Magic out of Miami 1/23/21 thru 2/6/21 and both cruises no longer show up when you do a search for available 7 day cruises out of Miami in January.

Hope they aren't cancelled, but wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Garnett

We are booked on the Legend out of Tampa on Nov. 22nd and it also no longer shows when I just tried a fake booking. Our final payment is due next week and I have been holding off paying in case it gets cancelled. If it is cancelled it will be our 4th Carnival cruise cancellation. We have easily dealt with them and rebooked for 2021. We have also had 2 Holland cruises cancelled and not so easy as it took 5 months to finally receive our FCC last week. Well, if the Nov. cruise is cancelled, we will deal with it and rebook for later in 2021.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, freewilly said:

Pride Price Checking this morning... Cruise week 11/29 missing and 12/6 and 12/13 were not showing up..rut row

more than likely that is to ensure that if they do sail it wont be at capacity.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:01 AM, iamsteph said:

I agree.  So hoping for November but realistically i have serious doubts based on the frenzy the media has caused.  if they do cancel i hope it is sooner rather than later so i can book a land based vacation. 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:38 PM, drsel said:

Which carnival cruise in November is the most likely to be cancelled as of now?

I am on Magic ....Nov 14th well hope to be...LOL

I just holding off making excursions if to know if it will really happen instead of tie up more money!

On 8/18/2020 at 5:19 AM, xDisconnections said:

You’re right. John Heald said we might be sailing from the US EARLIER than November. Let’s go!!!

The CDC has received over 2500 comments regarding the extended cruising pause. Most seem to be in favor of getting back on the water. Here is a link it you want to comment https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5483/ . 

3 hours ago, sj25 said:

I am on Magic ....Nov 14th well hope to be...LOL

I just holding off making excursions if to know if it will really happen instead of tie up more money!

Miracle on Nov 5th. had to pay me final payment today. I'm sure now they have my money, they will now cancel the cruise. 2020 has sucked for everyone, so I shouldn't complain... 🙂

1 minute ago, Tinknock50 said:

I just canceled my November 28th cruise and was allowed to move my non- refundable deposit to a July 5th cruise. 

I am relieved.

I had a Nov 1 14 day  and I called them to move it to next year. When they did it in full without even asking I got a pretty good feeling November 1 isn't a cruise day...

• Like 1