Rebooking or Lift/Shift?

I haven't been on CC for quite a while, but now I need some guidance.  We have a cruise on Allure booked for this January that I will cancel before final payment in October.  I want to rebook it for the following January on Oasis, also 7-night Caribbean sailing.  Is that just a rebooking at whatever the 2022 cost is for that sailing?  A Lift/Shift?  What's the difference?   Any information is appreciated.

I am an amateur at this, but L/S allows you to move a currently booked cruise to 1 year out within +/- 30 days. Has to be same ship (maybe similar class) and similar itinerary. If you are not on a holiday sailing currently, you cannot be on a holiday sailing for L/S either. 

As for rebooking, I just did this and it became frustrating. It all worked out, but it took calling my TA 4x, getting the right people involved, and correcting issues that should have been done the first time with the CWC in place.

It does not have to be the same ship but needs to be a similar itinerary, same cabin catagory,  cruise lenght, and +/- 4 weeks of your original sailing date.

The major advantage to lifting and shifting is you are price protected. The price you have for your 2021 cruise will be the price of your 2022 cruise. The disadvantages are the limitations of time frame, itinerary, cruise lenght, and cabin catagory restrictions.

7 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I am an amateur at this, but L/S allows you to move a currently booked cruise to 1 year out within +/- 30 days. Has to be same ship (maybe similar class) and similar itinerary. If you are not on a holiday sailing currently, you cannot be on a holiday sailing for L/S either. 

As for rebooking, I just did this and it became frustrating. It all worked out, but it took calling my TA 4x, getting the right people involved, and correcting issues that should have been done the first time with the CWC in place.

I'm not on a holiday sailing.  And the ships involved are both Oasis-class ships, similar Caribbean itineraries.  So I'm guessing I should be able to move the booking.  I'm assuming I'll be paying the going rate for the 2022 booking, not the current pricing.  Is that correct?  

Just now, KeywestK said:

I'm not on a holiday sailing.  And the ships involved are both Oasis-class ships, similar Caribbean itineraries.  So I'm guessing I should be able to move the booking.  I'm assuming I'll be paying the going rate for the 2022 booking, not the current pricing.  Is that correct?  

Did you read my post?

• Like 1

You can find out which 2022 cruises are available for you to Lift and Shift to by going to cancellation.royalcaribbean.com and following the links to Lift and Shift.  select one option and look at what is presented to you..   do not save anything and you will not be lifted and shifted.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KeywestK said:

Ocean Boy.....I just saw your comment about price protection.  That's great.  Thank you for the information.  The two sailings I'm looking at are almost identical, including time frame/itinerary/ship class.

You're all set for a lift and shift.

1 hour ago, stevea36 said:

You can find out which 2022 cruises are available for you to Lift and Shift to by going to cancellation.royalcaribbean.com and following the links to Lift and Shift.  select one option and look at what is presented to you..   do not save anything and you will not be lifted and shifted.

Unless the 2022 is cheaper there is no reason not to go look and if you dont like the choices, back out. Pick one is my advice. They allow up to 3 choices. I'd pick your favorite. Even if you use a ta you can do it yourself. I lifted my jan 2021 easily to dec 12, because I'm booked march 2022, didnt want them too close. But could have chosen jan. Dec 12 was the only dec sailing I could pick as the next 2 were holidays. 

Just go look, it's easy to find on the rcl site and see what is offered.