How does the Kids Free offer work currently

Elbozi

Long time Carnival customer.  Looking to do an Alaska in August 2021 Either the Encore or Bliss,   Looking at the offer today it looks like Kids is in the offer on the home page, but every time I fill out a mock booking, it doesn't not ask age or Have that come up on the Pick 2.     Am I missing something in the fine print. 

Best

offer_ncl.thumb.PNG.a73473dd361a0c0b15f6faacc791d9bc.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:05 AM, sanger727 said:

I believe that "kids sail free" is simply new wording for what used to be called "friends and family sails free". The 3rd and 4th passenger sail "free" regardless of age, they don't need to be kids. Now "free" is subjective

Free is free.  The cruise fare for guest 3 and 4 is $0.

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

yet, for some reason when I price it out. The cruise fare for 4 people is still higher than for 2 people....

Yeah, the *base fare* is $0 for passengers 3 & 4.  But you'll still need to pay port taxes/fees, DSC/gratuities, and beverage package gratuities if you have a Free at Sea rate and choose the beverage package.  That's why there's a difference from 2 people to 4.  If you're doing a mock booking online, you should be able to find a "details" link under the total cost, which will break down the cost for each passenger.  Please note, if you have passengers under 21, they will not get the beverage package and should not need to pay the gratuities for it, but that won't show in your online mock booking until you enter their DOBs - the online booking system assumes everyone is 21+ until you tell it differently.