Where was I?

4 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Sorry to interrupt I have been out all day distributing alms to the needy, but what is the threat in Ceduna?

You quoted the wrong one. That was about Panama. @getting older slowly talked about Ceduna which I too was curious as I don't remember that much security when I stayed there, though it was many years ago🤔

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Alcohol was the cause of the problem after dark when we were there.  Daytime no problem. 

Oh, I see.  Even Brisbanes suburban trains can be dodgy after dark.

Edited by Bowm54

14 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Sorry to interrupt I have been out all day distributing alms to the needy, but what is the threat in Ceduna?

We were there in 2001..... also there were Armed Guards at the entrance and exit of the drive in bottle shop..

The issue at the time was a few of the indigenous people....

Also we were follow down the street, after buying some film for the camera... two behind us and one of the other side of the street watching... was not comfortable. at about 4ipm

.. Don

Edited by getting older slowly

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

We were there in 2001..... also there were Armed Guards at the entrance and exit of the drive in bottle shop..

The issue at the time was a few of the indigenous people....

Also we were follow down the street, after buying some film for the camera... two behind us and one of the other side of the street watching... was not comfortable. at about 4ipm

.. Don

Hopefully things have moved on since those days and everybody has become more integrated.

17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Alcohol was the cause of the problem after dark when we were there.  Daytime no problem. 

Misuse of Alcohol is the reason women in some aboriginal communities have banned alcohol in their communities.  

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Our cruise was due to stop there for two days. We were going to take the train into Paris on the first day, then explore Honfleur on the second.

Two days would have been perfect for Paris and Honfleur visit.  What a disappointment. 

You are quick today Don in reading the pics, yes it would be nice to be on a cruise ship, got a year now before some cruise lines are coming back to Australia, our next cruise is booked for next November cross my fingers that even happens

4 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

You are quick today Don in reading the pics, yes it would be nice to be on a cruise ship, got a year now before some cruise lines are coming back to Australia, our next cruise is booked for next November cross my fingers that even happens

I am hoping the same also.......  was due to board in a week for a 13 nighter...... well did that fly out the window...lol

Cheers Don

20 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

On a cruise ship.  Crystal Serenity.. and on your balcony looking at a mountain and a pilot boat ??

How wonderful  it be on a cruise ship    DOn 

Correct on all counts though I was really after the name of the city in the picture...

8 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Ok I will have ago, Alaska

Need to keep travelling west from here

1 minute ago, qbay46 said:

Wroclaw, Poland

Correct🤗 They started in 2001 to commerate an anti communist movement that used dwarfs as symbols and have been adding more statues ever since. Last count 350 of the little statues all around the city. It is a great city with great food though we did have to walk in pouring rain back to the hotel. Here are some gratuitous shots of the city along with more dwarfs. The big guy in the left hand corner is the King of the Dwarfs😜:

316074733_ScreenShot2020-10-08at7_29_34PM.thumb.png.4b82db791f31773a036258dae3ed32fd.png