Where was I?

right you are on a Princess Cruise..( man with princess bag )... you are sitting at a table....

in what looks like a tropical place thus the sand floor.. and having a bit to eat and a drink.....

and having a great time...........

All I can say you were on a cruise and one was enjoying themselves..... which is great...

Where you were have no idea.. but it looks good... now off to cook dinner      cheers Don

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Bloody Mary's in Bora Bora

Correct.

We had a wonderful day at Bora Bora, snorkelling with sharks and stingrays in thr morning then lunch at Bloody Mary's. I had poisson cru, the Tahition raw fish dish. It was so yummy!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I had poisson cru, the Tahition raw fish dish. It was so yummy!

Poisson Cru has to be hands down one of the best dishes to eat. We had it everywhere in French Polynesia even on our cruise for one of our few buffets it was the only thing I pretty much took 😜

Edited by ilikeanswers

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Correct.

We had a wonderful day at Bora Bora, snorkelling with sharks and stingrays in thr morning then lunch at Bloody Mary's. I had poisson cru, the Tahition raw fish dish. It was so yummy!

It has to be the best tour we ever did. What a lovely place.

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Poisson Cru has to be hands down one of the best dishes to eat. We had it everywhere in French Polynesia even on our cruise for one of our few buffets it was the only thing I pretty much took 😜

I also like the tuna poke that's popular in Hawaii. I have a recipe that's very similar to that which I make when I can get good quality tuna - not easy as local fish shops aren't the greatest. I must try making poisson cru too, it's a very easy recipe and ideal for hot summer days.

1 minute ago, GCHAN said:

I feel that Patrick's tour at Bora Bora is one of the best tours I have ever done - snorkelling, swimming with reef sharks, hand feed stingrays, then lobster and (unlimited) champagne lunch. We had been to Bloody Mary's on an earlier trip to Bora Bora so didn't stop off there on this tour.

1 minute ago, GCHAN said:

It's truly beautiful. I'd love to go there for a week.

Did you see the hand basin in the ladies loo at Bloody Mary's. The water gently cascaded into it in a miniature waterfall. Very clever and pretty.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Did you see the hand basin in the ladies loo at Bloody Mary's. The water gently cascaded into it in a miniature waterfall. Very clever and pretty.

For what you would pay to go to Bora Bora for a week, you could have a long cruise, maybe a 28 night one - when cruising starts again.🙂

BTW, my parents went to Bora Bora on a cruise on the Fairstar probably around 1975. My Mother told me that Bora Bora was the most beautiful place she had ever seen.🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I also like the tuna poke that's popular in Hawaii. I have a recipe that's very similar to that which I make when I can get good quality tuna - not easy as local fish shops aren't the greatest. I must try making poisson cru too, it's a very easy recipe and ideal for hot summer days.

When we stayed in Kauai we discovered this shop that sold every type of poke under the sun. They had tuna, salmon, King fish, octopus, I think something like cuttlefish things I didn't recognise😂. All different flavours, sauces, mixes and they sold it by the pound. We got a whole selection to try it was fantastic🤗

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I feel that Patrick's tour at Bora Bora is one of the best tours I have ever done - snorkelling, swimming with reef sharks, hand feed stingrays, then lobster and (unlimited) champagne lunch. We had been to Bloody Mary's on an earlier trip to Bora Bora so didn't stop off there on this tour.

We just did the Princess tour. I think Patrick's tour got booked out very early. The Princess tour was very good, sharks and stingrays first then a lovely boat ride to the other side of the lagoon for snorkelling at a "coral garden". Just a half day trip so no lunch.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

For what you would pay to go to Bora Bora for a week, you could have a long cruise, maybe a 28 night one - when cruising starts again.🙂

True but that's not the point. 😋

Actually I could probably do the 35 night cruuse again for the same cost.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We just did the Princess tour. I think Patrick's tour got booked out very early. The Princess tour was very good, sharks and stingrays first then a lovely boat ride to the other side of the lagoon for snorkelling at a "coral garden". Just a half day trip so no lunch.

I went on Patrick's tour several years ago. It was US$100, booked through a fellow-CC member. The current price is US$130.

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We went to a coral garden to snorkel after the shark snorkelling and the rays on the sandbar.

When we arrived the guide said to me if you see a moray eel give me a call. I was snorkling around and heard somebody call my name. It was the guide and he had found the eel so was calling me over. He managed to get the mooray eel to come out of its hidey hole and it sat on his hand. It was just incredible. Best tour ever. 

We went to Tahiti on a repositioning cruise on Celebrity Solstice.

Edited by GCHAN

2 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

When we stayed in Kauai we discovered this shop that sold every type of poke under the sun. They had tuna, salmon, King fish, octopus, I think something like cuttlefish things I didn't recognise😂. All different flavours, sauces, mixes and they sold it by the pound. We got a whole selection to try it was fantastic🤗

Oh yum! 

I had poke at three out of the five port stops in Hawaii. Two were really nice - Honolulu and Laihana, the other at Kona was a bit meh.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh yum! 

I had poke at three out of the five port stops in Hawaii. Two were really nice - Honolulu and Laihana, the other at Kona was a bit meh.

One of my biggest regrets is not remembering the name of what I guess was a deli. It was clearly a local favourite as people were coming in buying large containers of poke. All I can say it was somewhere on the road between Lihue and Waimea as we discovered it on our way back from visiting Waimea canyon.