Where was I?

53 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not the one I'm thinking of, it's on the Central Coast, north of The Entrance, with Tuggarah Lake behind it.

You're thinking of Soldiers Point.

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is port stephens, wot i said, lol

The only other Soldiers Beach I know of is in Tassie.

Just now, Bowm54 said:

Antarctica Centre, Christchurch?

Well done!

A very observant person may have noticed that although I had on a warm jacket and ski gloves, I was only wearing jeans and sneakers which would not have been warm enough in real Antarctic conditions. 

We had arrived in Christchurch in lovely warm weather but that day it turned bitterly cold - perhaps the weather gods didn't like me complaining that the Southern Alps looked a bit boring without any snow on them. So what do you do in Christchurch on a bitterly cold day? Go to the Antarctic Centre to experience even colder temps, of course. 🤣 Next day we were very grateful for the cold snap as we drove to Mt Cook with fresh snow on the mountains. Beautiful!

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well done!

A very observant person may have noticed that although I had on a warm jacket and ski gloves, I was only wearing jeans and sneakers which would not have been warm enough in real Antarctic conditions. 

We had arrived in Christchurch in lovely warm weather but that day it turned bitterly cold - perhaps the weather gods didn't like me complaining that the Southern Alps looked a bit boring without any snow on them. So what do you do in Christchurch on a bitterly cold day? Go to the Antarctic Centre to experience even colder temps, of course. 🤣 Next day we were very grateful for the cold snap as we drove to Mt Cook with fresh snow on the mountains. Beautiful!

I was silly enough to brave the Blizzard there. It hurt!

16 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

I was silly enough to brave the Blizzard there. It hurt!

That's where that photo was taken, after they turned the blizzard off. The jacket was supplied by them but luckily we had ski gloves and warm headwear - we'd planned to don a helicopter trip on one of the glaciers later on so I insisted we pack gloves and hats.