Where was I?

16 minutes ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Love those cars. We had the one on the left😄.

We had such fun as kids sitting in the back!

My dad had one too. EH 179 wagon.

I learned to drive on one, complete with a column gear shift. It was an old almost clapped out former taxi with a zillion miles on the clock and dodgy brakes. It's a wonder I survived to tell the tale.

• Like 2

Dad bought his brand new in 1964. It was the first new car he ever owned. The day he bought it he picked me up after school, I was waiting in the queue for the bus to go home. I thought "Wow". I have always thought the EH was the best ever Holden. A few years later he traded it in for the worst ever - a HD.

18 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

I learned to drive on one, complete with a column gear shift. It was an old almost clapped out former taxi with a zillion miles on the clock and dodgy brakes. It's a wonder I survived to tell the tale.

You deserve a medal! Those column shifts do my head in 🙃

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

The Big Pineapple, Woombye, Queensland.

Yes indeed, the Pineapple is still intact however the site is now being “re-developed”.

3 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Yes indeed, the Pineapple is still intact however the site is now being “re-developed”.

Thanks for an easy one.  I read about the redevelopment.  That’s always an ominous word these days.  Looking for a pic…

4 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Or is it Table Cape Lighthouse in the same area.

Yes, it is.  Beautiful, ancient volcanic “plug”. The rich soils are cultivated with wheat, barley, tulips, and opium poppies.  The largest  supplier of medicinal opium (strictly controlled) in the southern hemisphere, if not the world.   Your turn.

I don't remember the wallabies statue but I thought  I recognised the railway station in the background. Is where the Historic Pichi Richi steam train goes from, Quorn is just over  an hour drive from where  I live, have taken interstate relatives on it couple of times

Here is photo of the front of the station

20191102_170608.jpg

• Like 1