Why NCL Premium PLUS Adult Drink Package?

Sthrngary

2 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@Wink87This is the first time I have shared this information.  I hope it helps you.  NCL has a computer program that makes it impossible for one of the two folks in a suite to get the Premium Plus (Upgrade) drink package alone.  However on our recent Joy Cruise with our adult children, my wife and I got the Premium Plus package and my two adult children got the Premium package.  Here is how we did it. 

I called and was told I could use my FCC to get the Premium package for my wife and I but had to have my travel agent call to get it done.  I thought that was it.  It was NOT.  I got on the ship and my adult children did not have a drink package at all.  Again, this is a NCL computer issue.  I was pissed to say the least.  I told the Concierge who fixed the kids package in 15 minutes. 

The other way of doing this is to email vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com (Jonathan)  and explain your situation.  Most likely he will ask you to get with him via email a few day before you cruise.  I hope this information is both helpful and works for you.

Cruise well.

TY Gary. I will email him and see if there is a covert way to make this happen. Another suggestion I got was to decline the package all together and pay as I go. That may not be financially sound as I drink what he doesn't LOL! That, plus it would drive me nuts to keep signing tabs and to scroll thru pages (and pages😉) of amounts on my account. I want my vacation to be as inclusive as possible from the minute I board. BTW looking forward to trying the 1942!

3 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

TY Gary. I will email him and see if there is a covert way to make this happen. Another suggestion I got was to decline the package all together and pay as I go. That may not be financially sound as I drink what he doesn't LOL! That, plus it would drive me nuts to keep signing tabs and to scroll thru pages (and pages😉) of amounts on my account. I want my vacation to be as inclusive as possible from the minute I board. BTW looking forward to trying the 1942!

I feel the very same way.  I am going solo on March 19, 2022 on the Joy (we were just on the Joy as a family end of November).  I have already purchased the Premium Plus package.  This time, for the first time it was easy.  Just me.  I hate waste which includes paying for a package where someone could care less about what it offers.  So you and I thing the same.  This upcoming Joy cruise I will most likely not be in the Haven because when you book solo, you usually have to pay for both double occupancy fares.  This cruise allowed me to just pay a single fare but NOT in the Haven.  I have put bids for the Haven in but really don't think that is going to happen. 

On to my point.  It is possible if you really think it though to have what some would consider an All-Inclusive cruise. My goal is also to be treated like a "Rock Star".  Just one week a year, get treated that way.  It is NOT that I drink that much, I don't.  It is not that I will drink more because I have this package, I won't.  It is I want to try things like 1942, go back to my suite accounting and not see added on.  Even it it cost me a bit more.  I know that is weird but it is just me.  Something tells me, you feel the same way.  

Some advise.  When eating Italian, try really great red wine.  When eating French, try really great Champagne.  Go top shelf when ever possible.  WHY? Because, it is a once in a life time experience and life it to short.  Let's all be a Rock Star for one week a year.  We all deserve it.

Cruise well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I feel the very same way.  I am going solo on March 19, 2022 on the Joy (we were just on the Joy as a family end of November).  I have already purchased the Premium Plus package.  This time, for the first time it was easy.  Just me.  I hate waste which includes paying for a package where someone could care less about what it offers.  So you and I thing the same.  This upcoming Joy cruise I will most likely not be in the Haven because when you book solo, you usually have to pay for both double occupancy fares.  This cruise allowed me to just pay a single fare but NOT in the Haven.  I have put bids for the Haven in but really don't think that is going to happen. 

On to my point.  It is possible if you really think it though to have what some would consider an All-Inclusive cruise. My goal is also to be treated like a "Rock Star".  Just one week a year, get treated that way.  It is NOT that I drink that much, I don't.  It is not that I will drink more because I have this package, I won't.  It is I want to try things like 1942, go back to my suite accounting and not see added on.  Even it it cost me a bit more.  I know that is weird but it is just me.  Something tells me, you feel the same way.  

Some advise.  When eating Italian, try really great red wine.  When eating French, try really great Champagne.  Go top shelf when ever possible.  WHY? Because, it is a once in a life time experience and life it to short.  Let's all be a Rock Star for one week a year.  We all deserve it.

Cruise well. 

Ill probably end up doing the occasional splurge if NCL can't allow this. I like a Manhattan before dinner and don't want one that tastes like it was wrung out of a bar towel!

1 minute ago, Wink87 said:

Ill probably end up doing the occasional splurge if NCL can't allow this. I like a Manhattan before dinner and don't want one that tastes like it was wrung out of a bar towel!

LOL, I could not agree more.  Have a great time regardless.  We all have to find a way to truly take a few moments in life to simply enjoy.  

Cruise well.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, Lionkingrichard said:

If you like the fruity rum drinks(who doesn't) then tell them to add a double of Zacapa 23 rum. They will look at you funny until they see your card. After the first day my wife was a pro asking for 23!

Ahhh... the Zacapa 23 was delicious! I was drinking it by itself by the end of the cruise... so good! Definitely one of the best parts of the P+. The cappuccinos after dinner every night were also wonderful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can anyone give input about the Wine cellar ( on Joy) not sure if it is on other ships. my wife is a wine drinker and we are considering the prem. drink package. does the wine bar have a selection of wines ( red) that are over the 15 $ limit of the basic package. online it looks like the wines are ordered on a tablet. Not so interested on the bottle list more interested in the wine by the glass. I understand the sparkling wines, ports , and ice wines in addition to the spirits. I am hoping the red wine drinkers can weigh-in here to help with the decision. we are into or out of the premium package together. So i am hoping for an easier sell. If you know what I mean.  

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, Wink87 said:

Gary, hubby and I will be on Joy  Dec 4 for 14 day PC in Haven. He does not drink alcohol at all. Celebrity and Royal let me get drink pkg or upgrade just for me. Do you know if anyone has been able to call NCL and get upgrade for just one? It would be a huge waste of money to buy 14 days of plus program if I am the only one using it. I know I could just pay the xtra charge for anything above the cap, but like you, I want as much paid for upfront as I can. TIA

Have you thought about buying  yourself some OBC which would be like paying upfront?

10 hours ago, charlie murphy said:

can anyone give input about the Wine cellar ( on Joy) not sure if it is on other ships. my wife is a wine drinker and we are considering the prem. drink package. does the wine bar have a selection of wines ( red) that are over the 15 $ limit of the basic package. online it looks like the wines are ordered on a tablet. Not so interested on the bottle list more interested in the wine by the glass. I understand the sparkling wines, ports , and ice wines in addition to the spirits. I am hoping the red wine drinkers can weigh-in here to help with the decision. we are into or out of the premium package together. So i am hoping for an easier sell. If you know what I mean.  

Sorry I don't have a list, but on the Dawn they had Cellars and as you said a Tablet. My wife scrolled and the choices look endless.

I asked for a bottle of Moet Brute and he said we had to order with dinner? At dinner they almost wouldn't get it for us because they had to run to Cellars to get it?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, charlie murphy said:

I am hunting for a list I saw online a couple days ago, which I can’t find now, but I saw 4 or 5 good reds, including a Barolo and a montepulciano. Nothing says that they’ll be on MY (or your) Joy cruise, though. If she drinks Veuve, it covers the cost of the upgrade, which frees her up to try the cheaper wines. That’s my plan, anyway. I’m going in optimistic on the wines. 

2 hours ago, JustSomeLady said:

I am hunting for a list I saw online a couple days ago, which I can’t find now, but I saw 4 or 5 good reds, including a Barolo and a montepulciano. Nothing says that they’ll be on MY (or your) Joy cruise, though. If she drinks Veuve, it covers the cost of the upgrade, which frees her up to try the cheaper wines. That’s my plan, anyway. I’m going in optimistic on the wines. 

324966672_PremiumPlus.thumb.jpg.90e6c88ac8847ad11a228c88f8828411.jpg

2 hours ago, JustSomeLady said:

I attached a copy to my other response to you listing the premium plus package.  I don't vouch for this list as things change particularly with wines.  

It would have cost us over $480 to upgrade.

We're driving to the port so I'm taking some very good wines with us.  Even with corkage we will save a bundle and we're not dependent on the ship's cellar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustSomeLady said:

Thank you. The list I saw was specific

to the Cellars Wine Bar, and I really want to find it. Someone had taken a photo of the Cellars menu

How about this list;

https://cruisespotlight.com/norwegian-cruise-line-drink-menus-and-pricing#cellars-wine-bar

or this one:

https://profcruise.com/norwegian-bar-menus-2022/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/4/2022 at 4:02 AM, RocketMan275 said:

Have you thought about buying  yourself some OBC which would be like paying upfront?

I did not know that was an option. Great idea! TY!!

On 3/2/2022 at 9:25 PM, Sthrngary said:

Cruise well. 

Just a heads up Gary. My son is on the Joy this week. He reports that there isn’t any 1942 tequila or Ciroc vodka on the ship. 

12 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Just a heads up Gary. My son is on the Joy this week. He reports that there isn’t any 1942 tequila or Ciroc vodka on the ship. 

NOOOOOoooooo tell me that is not so!!!!!!

I am scheduled to be on the Getaway with my grown children later this March — two of which do not drink at all. I was able to upgrade my wife and I to the premium plus package before the cruise using FCC without upgrading my three children with whom we are sharing a 2-bedroom in the Haven. My vacation summary on the web now properly shows my wife and I upgraded to PP and the three children with the premium package. I have seen a number of posts asking about this and thought it might be helpful to provide my experience. 

Thanks Gary for the prior posts on this.

1 minute ago, Ryesguy said:

I am scheduled to be on the Getaway with my grown children later this March — two of which do not drink at all. I was able to upgrade my wife and I to the premium plus package before the cruise using FCC without upgrading my three children with whom we are sharing a 2-bedroom in the Haven. My vacation summary on the web now properly shows my wife and I upgraded to PP and the three children with the premium package. I have seen a number of posts asking about this and thought it might be helpful to provide my experience. 

@RyesguyAs you know, I did the same thing prior to my cruise on the NCL Joy in November 2021.  Something I want you to watchout for.  When you get your Suite Cards, make sure your grown children have the correct drink package on them.  For what ever reason, my wife and I had the Premium Plus and my kids had nothing.  Might have been a odd issue but I would check upon check in.  They fixed it the moment I mentioned it, so no issue.  

Cruise well.

21 minutes ago, Ryesguy said:

thanks for this info!

Did you, (or @Sthrngary) do this upgrade over the phone or online?
We have a nearly identical situation on the Joy in June.  We are going with my two grown children and their SO’s in a 2BR Haven.  So thrilled to treat the group to this special experience….but they don’t need elevated alcohol 😜
When I try to upgrade online, it is only allowing me to do it for everyone.  

2 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

thanks for this info!

Did you, (or @Sthrngary) do this upgrade over the phone or online?
We have a nearly identical situation on the Joy in June.  We are going with my two grown children and their SO’s in a 2BR Haven.  So thrilled to treat the group to this special experience….but they don’t need elevated alcohol 😜
When I try to upgrade online, it is only allowing me to do it for everyone.  

@JandC_CruisingThis is a tough subject.  The only way I have done this recently is with FCC.  Because I used a Travel Agent, they had to do it for me.  I could not do it email, online, or by phone.  My travel agent even had a bit of a hard time.  However it all worked out.  I hope that helps you.

Cruise well.

2 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@JandC_CruisingThis is a tough subject.  The only way I have done this recently is with FCC.  Because I used a Travel Agent, they had to do it for me.  I could not do it email, online, or by phone.  My travel agent even had a bit of a hard time.  However it all worked out.  I hope that helps you.

Cruise well.

Thanks Gary!  My hope is, worst case,  I can upgrade just two of us once on board.  We have OBC that I can use.   But.  Like you, I want all my plans to be setup before we travel.  That way the only thing I need to work on once onboard is RELAXING!
Enjoy your upcoming cruise.  
Carolyn and I are just a week behind you on the Epic.  We already have our plus package purchased and, if we don’t get our haven upgrade, we will simply be sipping Vueve and high end bourbons on our “Haven Lite” experience!

best, Jon

• Haha 1