ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Southampton, Adonia, 2012 (175 celebration)

IMG_0509.JPG

We sailed on the original Adonia (sister ship to Oceana) in 2004 but never got the opportunity to sail on the later, smaller version above. Shame as I'm sure we'd have loved being on a smaller ship.

She looks great in the above photo and seeing lots of passengers out on deck makes me think that there would have been a lovely camaraderie onboard.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DamianG said:

This looks like a painting, similar to those you get in the cabin!

I agree it does look like a painting so I went back to my original and zoomed in and I can see cars driving around. I have taken some photos of cabin pictures as I sometimes like to paint something similar when at home so your comment did make me wonder!!

Pat

8 minutes ago, DamianG said:

We sailed on the original Adonia (sister ship to Oceana) in 2004 but never got the opportunity to sail on the later, smaller version above. Shame as I'm sure we'd have loved being on a smaller ship.

She looks great in the above photo and seeing lots of passengers out on deck makes me think that there would have been a lovely camaraderie onboard.

The Adonia is a beautiful ship and we were able to sail on her twice. Once on a Christmas Market cruise where we sailed down the Kiel Canal and once just before she left which included Seville. To get right into town was brilliant and the sail down the river the next day was lovely. Unfortunately no photo at Seville 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DamianG said:

There was a lovely sense of friendship aboard Adonia and wished we could have sailed on her more often. We found the same friendliness on other small ships too as well as the crew getting to know you and having the time to chat on occasions.

Pat

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

The Adonia is a beautiful ship and we were able to sail on her twice. Once on a Christmas Market cruise where we sailed down the Kiel Canal and once just before she left which included Seville. To get right into town was brilliant and the sail down the river the next day was lovely. Unfortunately no photo at Seville 

Brilliant, I would have loved to be on both those cruises.

7 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

I agree it does look like a painting so I went back to my original and zoomed in and I can see cars driving around. I have taken some photos of cabin pictures as I sometimes like to paint something similar when at home so your comment did make me wonder!!

Pat

Like this one?

Carib (46).jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DamianG said:

We managed one cruise on her and she was lovely. The cabin stewards and waiters weren't rushed so had more time to chat. We all got to know each other and everyone was so friendly, it made the whole cruise a wonderfully different experience.

Avril

• Like 1

Sail away from Southampton Queen Mary 2 from deck of Azura. At time the 2 ships were playing the alien call sign from Close Encounters of the Third Kind on the ships horns. This was my first cruise and first encounter with BoB, we still don't see eye to eye. 🤢

P1010239.JPG

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, DamianG said:

That's similar to us. We went on original Adonia in 2003, and were fortunate to sail on Artemis in 2009. We were just getting to the point where we were going to book little Adonia and she left the fleet. A very nice looking ship 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

Seeing all these wonderful photos is really making me miss cruising. It's been just over a year - Oriana's last trip - since we have been on the sea.  Had managed shielding and lock down quite well, but must put a brave face on it.

Pat

I was last on a ship this time last year, on Azura. We sailed on 2nd September 2019 for a 19 night cruise to the eastern Mediterranean.  It was a really good cruise, all you could ask for, decent weather, good ports and a carefree atmosphere.  In retrospect, it seems even more special as it was my last cruise in the pre-Covid era. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Sail away from Southampton Queen Mary 2 from deck of Azura. At time the 2 ships were playing the alien call sign from Close Encounters of the Third Kind on the ships horns. This was my first cruise and first encounter with BoB, we still don't see eye to eye. 🤢

P1010239.JPG

That sounded like a moving experience in more ways than one😁

Avril

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We were supposed to visit Skagen on Sapphire Princess last year but it was too windy so we couldn’t dock.

Actually, I  thought it was one of the best port of call on the cruise, not MUCH  there but what there was, was delightful. I appreciate that doesn't help you as missed it!!!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Actually, I  thought it was one of the best port of call on the cruise, not MUCH  there but what there was, was delightful. I appreciate that doesn't help you as missed it!!!!!!

I must admit I was looking forward to it 😢

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DamianG said:

We did a 3 nighter on Adonia(Sea Princess) in May 2004.

Graham.