ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

Citivecchia

Aurora being held by tug boats to stop her breaking loose. 300 of us who had walked into the town had to wait for 3 hours before we could get on board as the harbour master deemed it unsafe for vehicles or pedestrians to venture onto the quayside due to rocks being thrown over by the rough seas!

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00517.JPG

DSC00461.JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

Aboard Reflection in Civitavecchia

DF9CA443-D016-4CFB-AF0F-F9DB9712D499.jpeg

I'm so glad that there is a picture for Civitavecchia (I couldn't find one with a ship in it) as, believe it or not, it is our 10 year old son's favourite port.

We always have a simple but enjoyable day out there, mass in the morning for me then we meet at Mastro Titta Pizzeria for lunch followed by an afternoon using the lido at the Water Polo club. Happy memories!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bee-ess said:

Another one from Cochin - Aurora in 2006

image.thumb.png.46133dc16dac7621a0271b50c0ab0063.png

I am really enjoying these exotic ports that you are coming up with! This is another that I'd not heard of and had to look up.

Thanks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I'm so glad that there is a picture for Civitavecchia (I couldn't find one with a ship in it) as, believe it or not, it is our 10 year old son's favourite port.

We always have a simple but enjoyable day out there, mass in the morning for me then we meet at Mastro Titta Pizzeria for lunch followed by an afternoon using the lido at the Water Polo club. Happy memories!

I agree - last time we docked in Civitavecchia we didn’t want to make the long trip to Rome so decided to stay local and have a stroll around there and it’s absolutely lovely 💕

• Like 5