Labor Day Sale - pure speculation

Treacher1

I know in all prior years Labor Day was a pretty good sale day to grab some cruise bargains.   I wonder if that will be the case this year?  I wonder if Celebrity will offer a better sale than they have going now.  July 23 sale for Sky Suite price was substantially lower priced than the current sale.  I was hoping a better deal would be offered for Labor Day.  Just looking for opinions - I know we have no idea which way pricing will go.  I was hoping it would be a good sale to attract passengers and revenue for the future.  Sadly the current sale is not nearly as good as the one advertised in July.  Only time will tell.  Had I booked in July - we could have had an adjustment - looking at sailing for Spring 2021.

Where are you looking to sail?  Some areas may not be open to cruise ships or US residents by spring.  This year we have had 4 cruises cancelled & cancelled the 5th before final payment.  We have 3 booked between Feb & April and expect the April cruises (Asia)will be cancelled and the February ( Caribbean) is iffy as the ship is I the Aegean Sea.  

There may be some deals but if the cruise doesn’t sail the money paid is just a loan to the cruise line.

• Like 1

I think we found a good fare for edge sky suite in April, it’s gone up a couple of hundred since booking it a few weeks ago. But always keep on checking since we have found fares are like roller coasters always going up and down.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I can't think of a sale good enough for me to consider giving Celebrity any more money until the ships start to sail again.

My cruise is 100 percent refundable, will cancel if ships do not start smoothly when it’s time to make final payment. 

Prices going forward are horrible and any new “sale” is no sale at all when they have raised the prices through the roof. For those of us who booked future cruises a ways back before Covid for 2021 and 2022 we are in better shape. I booked the Apex for April 2022 earlier this year for four in a balcony and all perks for $4079. Today it is around $6300. Any sale they have now would never bring the current price back into my booking range and I am seeing this with many future cruises. My opinion is like others. Keep the bookings you have already and don’t give them a dime for new bookings right now unless you like being ripped off and/or never seeing that cash again. Wait until they sail safely and they get rid of their ridiculous prices on a product that is going nowhere right now. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Prices going forward are horrible and any new “sale” is no sale at all when they have raised the prices through the roof. For those of us who booked future cruises a ways back before Covid for 2021 and 2022 we are in better shape. I booked the Apex for April 2022 earlier this year for four in a balcony and all perks for $4079. Today it is around $6300. Any sale they have now would never bring the current price back into my booking range and I am seeing this with many future cruises. My opinion is like others. Keep the bookings you have already and don’t give them a dime for new bookings right now unless you like being ripped off and/or never seeing that cash again. Wait until they sail safely and they get rid of their ridiculous prices on a product that is going nowhere right now. 

@tallnthensome - I agree 100% with your post. In February 2020, I booked an Apex Aft S1 for early March 2021. Two month later in early May 2020, I did a dummy booking for the same date / cruise ship / room type and the price was up about $2000. I figured I would hold on to the reservation through the summer and see what happened. I made the decision about 2 weeks ago to L&S since the ability to do so was extended to 30 Sep 2020.

Today, I did dummy bookings for my original Mar 2021 cruise and the price to book today is still $1700 more than when I booked back in February 2020. I also looked at a dummy booking for the same cruise I shifted to in late February 2022 and an Apex Aft S1 is greater than $2000 more than my original booking price. Even my TA agreed that the prices are terribly high from pre-COVID rates.