Cruise Critic Community
Heartfelttraveler

Tahiti Cruises Cancelled Through 2020

5 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I'm with you ridethetide. IF my January Wind Spirit cruise is a go and IF masks are required onboard I will cancel before final payment. No way am I going to sit on a plane for 8 hours with a mask or wear one on a cruise ship where I would be outside most of the time. No way will I wear a mask on a tender to shore or on a shore tour.

I have a Baltic cruise with Oceania booked for next August, postponed from this past June, and the same thing applies. Mask requirement = no go for me.

Just to clarify, I am a firm believer in the value of wearing face coverings during this pandemic, and I am totally compliant.  It would take away so much of the pleasure and relaxation that we have grown to adore on Windstar. I would wait until there is no need for face coverings.  Just hoping that will be by July 2021.

If anyone is interested, today Oct. 4 Wind Spirit is still hanging out in Papeete. I wonder what is going on? Seems like Tahiti would be a very expensive place to be idle in.

If Windstar goes ahead and starts cancelling early 2021 sailings I hope they don't wait until the last minute. Who here thinks they will actually resume in January? I don't, not with the current covid numbers rising every day.