Question about expiring FCD

Bollycats

I bought an FCD in Dec 2018 and used it for my Nov 2020 cruise which is now cancelled. I just got my refund for onboard services paid but the $100 FCD went into my Future Cruise Credits. It says it expires if I don't book by 12/13/20 which I don't plan to. After that will it just automatically get refunded to my credit card or do I have to call and request it? Can I request to have it refunded now? I've never not used one I've bought so I'm not sure how it works. 

3 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

You may call and attempt to get an expedited refund. Normally this would work, however the cruise lines seem to be in the mind set of keeping every dollar in their bank account as long possible.

My DH and I had 6 FCD between us.  I called for a refund.  After a lot of time passed, Princess refunded 5 out of the 6.  They kept $100.  Now I am waiting for that to be refunded!!

8 hours ago, Bollycats said:

Thanks! I emailed my Princess guy and we'll see if he can refund them for me. I really don't want to wait until they expire in December.

Mine was not expired but was returned as a FCC & I was not allowed to have it refunded nor put back in my account to reuse. 
worth calling too, as not all are treated the same. 

I have 6 FCDs that will expire throughout 2021.  When I called last week to ask about refunding them now instead of in dribs and drabs I was told they could ‘fill out the form for that; management has to review it and it will take a bit of time to process.’  When I asked what ‘a bit of time‘ meant - days, weeks or months - the CSR could not say.  

I asked for the refunds; we shall see how many are processed before they expire.

OP here, I've had a PVP emailing me since my cruise was cancelled. I never used him or anyone before-always book my own. Anyway, since I had his contact info I emailed him and he called me. I told him my FCD's expire in DEC but could I get them refunded now since I know we won't be using them. He said they could and would take care of it for me. That was just a few days so I haven't seen anything yet. 

On 10/28/2017 I gave Princess $200 as a FCD. Since my 2 planned cruises have succumbed to the KungFlu, I requested them back a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I had cancelled the credit card I had used. The rep said they would refund to the cancelled card and it would reject. Then a check would be mailed. Count take SIX months. Are you kidding me.  That will break me of doing this again.

cancelled our Jan 2021 cruise today.  The FCD's expire in Dec.  Already have 2 other cruises booked for late 2021, so wont be booking anything else for a while.

I asked for my options and the princess rep told me I could have them extended, so that is what I did, giving me another year to use them.  Could have requested a refund - but figured might as well keep them active and see what becomes of cruising.

Don