Faster to fun

trbarton

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It seems like if reduced capacity happens, then it would make sense for Carnival to space out passengers to every other cabin or something like that.  That would make it so there would be 50% (or whatever) cabins that will stay clean.  Those can be assigned to the next batch of people and will already be clean when those people get on the ships.  Somebody has to be the first on, so it makes sense that they continue to provide appointment times and boarding as normal, but just space them out.  I just think there are ways to do things with reduced capacity that will make it possible to continue to provide benefits.

Obviously it would depend on what the actual reduced capacity percentage is, but I think that is a really good idea using cabins every other cruise if possible. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

Go to Manage My Cruise.

Near the very top of the page click on Categories.

Near the bottom of the list that appears click on Faster to the Fun.

That should take you to a page that either:

1. Shows nothing - simply not offered on that cruise, or

2.  Shows sold out, or

3.  Offers it for sale.

Thank you very much. It may not be offered on my cruise. I’ll contact Carnival to see what I can find out. 

Tom😀

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It seems like if reduced capacity happens, then it would make sense for Carnival to space out passengers to every other cabin or something like that.  That would make it so there would be 50% (or whatever) cabins that will stay clean.  Those can be assigned to the next batch of people and will already be clean when those people get on the ships.  Somebody has to be the first on, so it makes sense that they continue to provide appointment times and boarding as normal, but just space them out.  I just think there are ways to do things with reduced capacity that will make it possible to continue to provide benefits.

As far as hotels, I haven't travelled anywhere since I got back from my cruise mid March.  My next trip is a road trip to a beach condo in October, if things look better in Florida.  I am sure the hotel industry is hurting and am all for opening up our economy with precautions.

That sounds like a room blocking and inventory control nightmare. What about staterooms that command very high fares, special views or offer accessibility accommodations? Room assignments can actually be quite difficult and overbooking stateroom types will still continue to happen to capture additional revenue with forecasted cancelations. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I fully expect some cutbacks in priority status when cruise lines resume operations, especially on embarkation day. Of course if they still offer priority perks I would not turn them down, but I would be more concerned with the staff thoroughly cleaning the ship on changeover day than placing an emphasis on getting priority cabins turned over fast or getting priority luggage delivered. 

Yup, many things are more important than a room being ready by the time you board.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

That sounds like a room blocking and inventory control nightmare. What about staterooms that command very high fares, special views or offer accessibility accommodations? Room assignments can actually be quite difficult and overbooking stateroom types will still continue to happen to capture additional revenue with forecasted cancelations. 

Well, they will have to block cabins in order to reduce capacity.  Anyway, I was just throwing out that there are options.  Even though Carnival may have cruises with reduced capacity and crew members, it is also possible that they can keep their level of good service.  Maybe they won't, but maybe they will.  I am sure there are a thousand reasons why something can't be done, but there only needs to be one solution to make it so that it can be done.

Edited by TNcruising02

On 8/29/2020 at 10:26 PM, Markmom18 said:

I assume Boarding will be different.  A perk that I always use and love (with FTTF) is the Guest Services Line. Works for me.   IF we get our room early in these Covid times, ...well that’s good too!

I agree, I think the Platinum and Diamond will have assigned times to board.   

2 hours ago, JMAE said:

I agree, I think the Platinum and Diamond will have assigned times to board.   

I was turning Platinum on my April ‘21 Panorama Cruise .... BC ... Before Covid. That’s been delayed because of cancelled ‘20 cruises, it’s ok though. 🛳🛳

On 9/5/2020 at 12:32 PM, vwrestler171 said:

New ships never have FTTF for the first 6 months to a year.  They have to get the flow figured out and how it works with the port terminal.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:27 AM, teknoge3k said:

That's incorrect. FTTF will be on the MG next year, according to Carnival.

temp.png

Thanks- it looks like Mardi Gras will have it 😉 

On 8/30/2020 at 3:07 PM, TNcruising02 said:

Well, they will have to block cabins in order to reduce capacity.  Anyway, I was just throwing out that there are options.  Even though Carnival may have cruises with reduced capacity and crew members, it is also possible that they can keep their level of good service.  Maybe they won't, but maybe they will.  I am sure there are a thousand reasons why something can't be done, but there only needs to be one solution to make it so that it can be done.

If Carnival is blocking cabins to reduce capacity, they aren't doing a very good job of it.  I have a cruise booked on the Pride Feb 2021 and every single cabin around mine is available for booking.   

I really don't know what their plan will be in regards to reducing capacity, but it would make sense  to spread people out on the decks as much as possible.  Not only would it cut down on hall traffic, but would also potentially reduce overuse of one set of elevators over another.  As far as fttf goes, if it is offered I would guess those with fttf would get the first crack at boarding times after diamond and platinum.  I expect everyone will have specific times to board or should I say arrive at port, in order to spread everyone out.  Getting on the ship first is the least of my worries.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 7:27 AM, teknoge3k said:

That's incorrect. FTTF will be on the MG next year, according to Carnival.

temp.png

Thank you very much. Now I understand why I couldn’t book FTTF on my San Francisco Cruise. Very helpful information. 

Tom😁

38 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

If Carnival is blocking cabins to reduce capacity, they aren't doing a very good job of it.  I have a cruise booked on the Pride Feb 2021 and every single cabin around mine is available for booking.   

It makes sense that if they really intend to sail with a reduced capacity, that they spread out people by freeing up every other cabin.  But who knows, maybe they will let 10 cabins in a row remain empty and let the next ten cabins book up.  I'm just trying to think what would make sense, which would be to spread out the cabin bookings to allow for better social distancing.

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It makes sense that if they really intend to sail with a reduced capacity, that they spread out people by freeing up every other cabin.  But who knows, maybe they will let 10 cabins in a row remain empty and let the next ten cabins book up.  I'm just trying to think what would make sense, which would be to spread out the cabin bookings to allow for better social distancing.

Or they simply are restricting the number of room pools available to only sell a maximum of a certain stateroom type regardless of real-time inventory... you know, just a thought. As I mentioned before, taking specific staterooms out of service is an inventory control/room blocking nightmare.

• Like 1