Faster to fun

trbarton

Just one person’s opinion, but I wouldn’t buy FTTF right now. I think cruises are going to have staggered check-ins, rooms are not going to be made available until they have been thoroughly sanitized, and ships will sail at reduced capacity, with the likelihood of long lines at customer service  reduced accordingly. I also think Platinums and Diamonds should expect no priority on embarkation day, at least for awhile whenever cruises resume. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just one person’s opinion, but I wouldn’t buy FTTF right now. I think cruises are going to have staggered check-ins, rooms are not going to be made available until they have been thoroughly sanitized, and ships will sail at reduced capacity, with the likelihood of long lines at customer service  reduced accordingly. I also think Platinums and Diamonds should expect no priority on embarkation day, at least for awhile whenever cruises resume. 

Ih man, what a buzz kill. I make platinum on our next cruise. 😛

7 hours ago, Beav1279 said:

I purchased it for my Dec 2020 and Dec 2021 cruises and it still shows up in my account.

I re-booked a Carnival Cancelled Cruise (December 2020-Inspiration) for aDecember 2021 ( Radiance) out of Long Beach. A B2B

😁😁 Yippie was able to get both FTTF!! 😁😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume Boarding will be different.  A perk that I always use and love (with FTTF) is the Guest Services Line. Works for me.   IF we get our room early in these Covid times, ...well that’s good too!

• Like 2

I guess a call to carnival will be my next step. I had to do a search to find FTTP. I’ll let people know what happens. 

FYI...On my first cruise on carnival out of Long Beach I had a big smile when I saw how long the regular line was & I was one of the first person to board the ship. Well worth the $ to avoid the crowds. 

Question....Dose carnival have one of there mail dinning rooms opened for lunch when you board?

Thanks to everyone. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Question....Dose carnival have one of there mail dinning rooms opened for lunch when you board?

I love it when a question is in the form of a puzzle! 

No the MDRs are not open for lunch on embarkation day. Buffet, Guy’s, Blue Iguana, etc are open. Technically the MDR is never open for “lunch.” They do have brunch on sea days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

3 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Ih man, what a buzz kill. I make platinum on our next cruise. 😛

Geeze — now I have to board with the peasants band wait for my room to be cleaned. @Butterbean1000 called it... you’re a total buzzkill.

For real though, just kidding of course. I agree — I’d avoid FTTF from a guest perspective. From a business perspective, every dollar helps the cruise line so go for it.

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve signed onto my cruise & found a link for Faster to the Fun & it just takes me to a lot of questions & answers. Does that mean that it’s sold out?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Go to Manage My Cruise.

Near the very top of the page click on Categories.

Near the bottom of the list that appears click on Faster to the Fun.

That should take you to a page that either:

1. Shows nothing - simply not offered on that cruise, or

2.  Shows sold out, or

3.  Offers it for sale.

14 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If that happens, cancel the excursion.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I love it when a question is in the form of a puzzle! 

No the MDRs are not open for lunch on embarkation day. Buffet, Guy’s, Blue Iguana, etc are open. Technically the MDR is never open for “lunch.” They do have brunch on sea days.

On a few cruises I was on over the last few years the MDR was open for lunch on embarkation day. They had signs calling it the “Family Fun Zone”. It was geared towards families with activities in addition to lunch. According to staff members they were testing the concept on a few ships to see if it would help alleviate the crowd on Lido deck. I assume it didn’t go too well since I didn’t see it on the majority of Carnival crises I was on the past few years. 

I always get FTTF every time.  If you are having a problem purchasing it (and you are logged in and it does not say sold out) you might want to try using your phone to purchase it.  I've read that sometimes people were able to purchase it using one type of electronic and not another.

Besides priority lines, a great advantage is having access to your cabin immediately.  That really helps us because we like to cruise with carry-on bags only.  Plus, there is a special area to meet for FTTF if you would like to get off of the ship early on the last day.

Carnival will most likely spread out the appointment times, but I think they will give some type of priority to diamonds and then platinums and FTTF.  Even with reduced capacity, I think they will have a plan to give a benefit to priority passengers. I will reach platinum on my next cruise, so I have high hopes and can't wait until it happens someday.

Edited by TNcruising02

52 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I always get FTTF every time.  If you are having a problem purchasing it (and you are logged in and it does not say sold out) you might want to try using your phone to purchase it.  I've read that sometimes people were able to purchase it using one type of electronic and not another.

Besides priority lines, a great advantage is having access to your cabin immediately.  That really helps us because we like to cruise with carry-on bags only.  Plus, there is a special area to meet for FTTF if you would like to get off of the ship early.

Carnival will most likely spread out the appointment times, but I think they will give some type of priority to diamonds and then platinums and FTTF.  Even with reduced capacity, I think they will have a plan to give a benefit to priority passengers.  Plus, I reach platinum on my next cruise, so I have high hopes and can't wait until it happens someday.

If only you can see how some hotel groups are treating their top tier members. If the brand, in this case Carnival, can save on labor or morale by cutting out some loyalty benefits temporarily, they will.

Remember, with reduced occupancy comes reduced staffing. Things like enhanced room readiness may not be a thing except possibly for pay to play (FTTF). 

Edited by xDisconnections

40 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

If only you can see how some hotel groups are treating their top tier members. If the brand, in this case Carnival, can save on labor or morale by cutting out some loyalty benefits temporarily, they will.

Remember, with reduced occupancy comes reduced staffing. Things like enhanced room readiness may not be a thing except possibly for pay to play (FTTF). 

The reduced capacity part is like a dream come true for me.  Unfortunately, that also means a lot of other restrictions.  With reduced capacity, I don't see cabin readiness being a problem for priority passengers.  I just don't see Carnival taking away perks while trying to entice cruisers.

If someone purchases FTTF, they can always cancel it later if they find out it won't be a benefit for them.

Edited by TNcruising02

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

The reduced capacity part is like a dream come true for me.  Unfortunately, that also means a lot of other restrictions.  With reduced capacity, I don't see cabin readiness being a problem for priority passengers.  I just don't see Carnival taking away perks while trying to entice cruisers.

If someone purchases FTTF, they can always cancel it later if they find out it won't be a benefit for them.

Reduced capacity may seem like a dream but the truth is, so many theme park workers are still out on furlough with more laid off or furloughed each passing day.

If the occupancy doesn’t reach 100% and is only half, why should Carnival bring back all of their stateroom stewards? Will Carnival even have enough employees to call back or will they find other land based employment opportunities in their home country? If they don’t have adequate staffing, how can they provide things such as rooms being ready upon boarding for a lot of passengers other than the few paying for it? There’s no way Carnival can possibly provide the same labor budget for that department and we may even see stayover housekeeping service reduced or eliminated as we noticed in a similar industry (stayover once per week for long term/none for regular transient guests).

Have you seen the impacts to the hotel industry? Right now, most elite benefits aren’t being accommodated... even the amenities costing the property zero dollars. With the reduced occupancy, many properties are running with 1-2 housekeepers and the remaining actions, such as laundry and stripping rooms, are being enacted by a Front Desk Agent or someone in Sales.

Edited by xDisconnections

46 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Reduced capacity may seem like a dream but the truth is, so many theme park workers are still out on furlough with more laid off or furloughed each passing day.

If the occupancy doesn’t reach 100% and is only half, why should Carnival bring back all of their stateroom stewards? Will Carnival even have enough employees to call back or will they find other land based employment opportunities in their home country? If they don’t have adequate staffing, how can they provide things such as rooms being ready upon boarding for a lot of passengers other than the few paying for it? There’s no way Carnival can possibly provide the same labor budget for that department and we may even see stayover housekeeping service reduced or eliminated as we noticed in a similar industry (stayover once per week for long term/none for regular transient guests).

Have you seen the impacts to the hotel industry? Right now, most elite benefits aren’t being accommodated... even the amenities costing the property zero dollars. With the reduced occupancy, many properties are running with 1-2 housekeepers and the remaining actions, such as laundry and stripping rooms, are being enacted by a Front Desk Agent or someone in Sales.

It seems like if reduced capacity happens, then it would make sense for Carnival to space out passengers to every other cabin or something like that.  That would make it so there would be 50% (or whatever) cabins that will stay clean.  Those can be assigned to the next batch of people and will already be clean when those people get on the ships.  Somebody has to be the first on, so it makes sense that they continue to provide appointment times and boarding as normal, but just space them out.  I just think there are ways to do things with reduced capacity that will make it possible to continue to provide benefits.

As far as hotels, I haven't travelled anywhere since I got back from my cruise mid March.  My next trip is a road trip to a beach condo in October, if things look better in Florida.  I am sure the hotel industry is hurting and am all for opening up our economy with precautions.

46 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I can only speak for myself, but I fully expect some cutbacks in priority status when cruise lines resume operations, especially on embarkation day. Of course if they still offer priority perks I would not turn them down, but I would be more concerned with the staff thoroughly cleaning the ship on changeover day than placing an emphasis on getting priority cabins turned over fast or getting priority luggage delivered. 

• Like 2