Cool Lay Up's

Laszlo

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 12:39 PM, shof515 said:

from what i  read on a different site , most of the ships will remain in cool layout for a long time like until spring 2021 and they will need a quick drydock after cool layout to resume cruising

It takes about 10 days to three weeks to pull a ship out of cool storage.

3 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

For a company supposedly putting all of its ships into "cool layup", they seem to be burning a bunch of fuel.  Encore and Bliss making laps in the Baltic region.

Screenshot 2020-09-10 213747.png

Screenshot 2020-09-10 213833.png

Looks like a good old fashion back yard race.  Do we know who won?

8 hours ago, GA Dave said:

For a company supposedly putting all of its ships into "cool layup", they seem to be burning a bunch of fuel.  Encore and Bliss making laps in the Baltic region.

Actually, not all ships are going into cool layup, as noted in the last couple of days by NCL management, as some ports where the ships are do not allow this.

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Actually, not all ships are going into cool layup, as noted in the last couple of days by NCL management, as some ports where the ships are do not allow this.

Have I missed a post about that?  What did they say?  Did they specify which ports?

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I must have missed that update.  Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

Have I missed a post about that?  What did they say?  Did they specify which ports?

I believe it was on another forum, a thread about crew returning.  Can't remember exactly.  However, it is pretty common that depending on the dock that a ship is at, or where it is anchored, or the port geography, that a port authority will not allow a ship to reduce manning to below the statutory minimum manning, which is what NCL is doing in their "cool" lay ups.  Without the minimum manning, the ship cannot move, and can be considered a hazard to navigation in a storm, or if the anchor drags, or if the port needs the dock for someone else.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1