Need Review of Equinox Cabin 8252

njgirl

Looking for help as I cannot access the Spreadsheet for Cabin Reviews.  It says I do not have access to it 

Does cabin 8252 on the Equinox have a larger than normal balcony/verandah?

My friend booked cabin 9290 and now has a chance to move her cabin.  Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Stay Safe & Healthy !!!     :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by njgirl
spelling error

From the only review on the spreadsheet. Looks good:

Balcony: one of the largest other than suites

Comments: Best cabin we've ever had..no noise at all..not a creak and we were blessed with very quiet neighbors. This cabin has a diagonal railing which gives a very wide view from the some shade/some sun balcony. Highly recommended

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

From the only review on the spreadsheet. Looks good:

Balcony: one of the largest other than suites

Comments: Best cabin we've ever had..no noise at all..not a creak and we were blessed with very quiet neighbors. This cabin has a diagonal railing which gives a very wide view from the some shade/some sun balcony. Highly recommended

Yes, there are two different sized larger balconies on the slant and this cabin has the largest of the two sizes.

Here is a YouTube video of the cabin (the poster has a 16 second "ad", prior to the rest of the 5 1/2 minute video.

5 hours ago, njgirl said:

Looking for help as I cannot access the Spreadsheet for Cabin Reviews.  It says I do not have access to it 

Does cabin 8252 on the Equinox have a larger than normal balcony/verandah?

My friend booked cabin 9290 and now has a chance to move her cabin.  Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Stay Safe & Healthy !!!     :classic_rolleyes:

Tell your friend to take 8252.  It has triple the size balcony as 9290.  🍷

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 7:57 PM, Wine-O said:

Tell your friend to take 8252.  It has triple the size balcony as 9290.  🍷

Wine-O  ---

Need your advice once again.  Found another large balcony cabin on Equinox. 

Which deck /location do you think is better.  Cabin 8252 (starboard side) or 9215 (port side)? 

Appreciate your help.

Thanks !!!

3 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We had #8252 last October.  The balcony was about 15' deep, plenty of shade as well.  I would gladly select it again!  Cabins above and below it, I'm not sure what is above 9290, so stick with 8252!

Thanks for your reply.

Any opinion of #9215 (one deck higher on port side) which is also has a very large balcony?

On 9/9/2020 at 8:37 AM, njgirl said:

Thanks for your reply.

Any opinion of #9215 (one deck higher on port side) which is also has a very large balcony?

The other difference is that 9215 is facing forward while 8252 is facing aft - so you have the choice of seeing where you are going or where you have been!  However, since 9215 is facing forward you will have a little more wind from the ship moving forward.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:37 AM, njgirl said:

Thanks for your reply.

I also had 8252 on Equinox on two 7 day B2B cruises and prior to that I've had 7264.  Being forward was my preference as I like to see where I'm going rather than where I've been and wind was not a factor at all, both were Caribbean cruises.

I will offer two things: 

1.  Cabins in this area are closer to the noise from the atrium and when they do late evening boom boom type music it could be heard a bit in the cabin but it wasn't a deal breaker and if you are down there partaking it won't matter anyway.  This would be a good reason to go higher to be further away if it's a simple choice.

2.  The port side is the smoking side on deck 5 and as a non smoker I always choose starboard to be sure smoke never drifts up to my balcony.  That said I don't think it would reach balcony's that high.

Those large balcony's are awesome.  Aside from the huge balcony, being so close to the center of the ship and all  the venues in this area is a major bonus and the elevators are just steps away.  Running down to Cafe El Bacio to get a morning cappuccino or coffee to take back to enjoy on the balcony was wonderful!  Oh to be back there now.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:07 PM, Ashland said:

Hijacking.....Reflection # 1669...comments anyone?

I am sure 1669 would be very nice.  But, if I were booking an S2, I would choose 1667 because of the private hall way for 1665 and 1667.   😊

Edited by Texed
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Texed said:

I am sure 1669 would be very nice.  But, if I were booking an S2, I would choose 1667 because of the private hall way for 1665 and 1667.   😊

Thanks...I could have but I didn't want a connecting cabin door to #1665...that was more important...I always avoid those. :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...I could have but I didn't want a connecting cabin door to #1665...that was more important...I always avoid those. :classic_wink:

There is not a connecting door, there is a connecting private hallway.  🙂

6 hours ago, Texed said:

There is not a connecting door, there is a connecting private hallway.  🙂

Hmmm...Looking at the deck plan then what is the -- between 1665 & 1667 ??

I believe that denotes a connecting cabin...right ?

Unless Reflection is different from the other Solstice class ships.

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...Looking at the deck plan then what is the -- between 1665 & 1667 ??

I believe that denotes a connecting cabin...right ?

Unless Reflection is different from the other Solstice class ships.

The "connection" on the rooms is the connecting private hallway.  There is not a connection door within the room.  Honest.  😉

Edited by Texed

5 minutes ago, Texed said:

The "connection" on the rooms the connecting private hallway.  There is not a connection door within the room.  Honest.  😉

I would almost call it a porch type entry closed off from the hallway when the outer area door is closed but it is typically open unless people do actually book the two rooms to close it off.

Edited by poffles

Ashland, Texed and Poffles are correct.  Think of it as a door in a hallway before the last two cabins and the cabin doors are just a little farther down the hall.  When the cabins are booked as connecting, the hallway door is closed and the cabin doors are opened so the hallway door keeps the public out and you can walk out of one cabin and right around into the other one without going into a public space.  This private hallway space is the "porch" Poffles described.

When they are booked as single cabins, the hallway door is locked in the open position and each party accesses their cabin from the hallway as you always do. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Ashland, Texed and Poffles are correct.  Think of it as a door in a hallway before the last two cabins and the cabin doors are just a little farther down the hall. 

Mr Gary,

Thanks.  You explained it better than I did.  I usually just keep my mouth shut.  But, no one else was responding to her at the time.  🙂

Well how confusing was this :classic_ohmy:....It's a bit easier to go by the key on RCI.....It should be easier to figure out these things.

Oh well too late to change now but I do thank you all for explaining this so I'll know next time. I think I'll enjoy what I have booked...great aft location for my British Isles July 2021 cruise (if we sail). Again many thanks.