Looking at Columbia River Cruises

mj_holiday

Getting through the pandemic, I research future trips for us.  I am looking at a cruise on the Columbia and Snake Rivers. I am not finding much in the cruise critic reviews.  So I have some questions hoping someone who have been on the cruise can answer.

• I have found 4 cruise lines for this cruise: American Queen, American River, Linblad and Uncruise.  Does anyone know of other lines?
  • Do these cruise lines pay TAs a commission for bookings?
  • Are there laundry facilities (valet or self serve)?
  • Is dinner in the evenings at specific times for seating, or is the time open between a start and finish and is there an alternative dining facility with open times?
  • How good on the onboard lectures?
  • Is there a good variety of the excursions?

I would appreciate any information people have and if there are any reviews out there.  There are only 2 reviews that I found on  "From the Deck Chair"

American Queen Steamboat Company and American Cruise Lines are the two I know of which are doing regular runs on the Columbia / Snake rivers. Both pay TAs commissions as far as I know. Depending on the vessel they do have a self service laundry but also offer valet. American Queen Steamboat Company has the American Empress (former Empress of the North). I cruised this vessel back in 2005 when it still was the Empress of the North. I don´t remember a self serve laundry (although I traveled with my then 5 yo DD) and there´s nothing on the deck plan.

The American Pride of the ACL has a self serve laundry on the top deck (been on that vessel when it was the Queen of the Mississippi). The Queen of the West doesn´t have a self serve laundry.

steamboats