Grand or Ruby?

I_r_a

• 3 months later...

has anyone stayed in E716,17 on the Grand? My son (a paraplegic) and daughter and grand daughter stayed in that cabin back in around 2008 I think. had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa with plenty of room for his wheelchair. Hoping it's still that way.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:48 AM, Sail4th said:

Any thoughts on if the Ruby will be sailing to Hawaii in January 2021 as scheduled? 

January 2021 is just (less than) a month away.  Speaking from Hawaii..."we" are definitely not expecting cruise ships in January 2021.  Air passengers need to go through a very rigorous pre-travel testing before being exempt from 10 day quarantine.  It is very doubtful if January through May cruise season will open up (my opinion).  

And given my choice, I'd rather be on the Grand than the Ruby (been on both).  ELUA (Hawaiian Ambassadors) are usually assigned the itinerary from LA.  The Grand is smaller.  Although, San Francisco is a nice city to explore before departure and sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge is awesome.  But one day in San Francisco verses 14 day voyage on a smaller ship wins me over.

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

has anyone stayed in E716,17 on the Grand? My son (a paraplegic) and daughter and grand daughter stayed in that cabin back in around 2008 I think. had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa with plenty of room for his wheelchair. Hoping it's still that way.

It looks to me like a standard HC cabin. One Queen or two Double beds depending on how you configure it. No pull out sofa. My son has stayed in interior HC cabins and that is how they were configured. (He asks for a single Queen configuration.) The cabins are large with plenty of room for maneuvering a wheelchair but I'm thinking you are misremembering the cabin layout. Are you sure it was a Princess ship?