What If I Want To Add Spending Money To An Account

GTO-Girl

I am about to book a cruise in June for my daughter and granddaughters.  If I want to give them some onboard credit what is the best way to do that?

I am thinking I will need to visit Guest Services when I board and add it to their accounts.  

Any other way to do it sooner?

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I have been able to do t without having the booking number

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Same here.

Interesting. I haven't done it in a few years but I always had to have the number so they could verify the account to add it to. Name and stateroom number was not enough.

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Interesting. I haven't done it in a few years but I always had to have the number so they could verify the account to add it to. Name and stateroom number was not enough.

I have done it was just name ship and sail date

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

That number is also for booking gifts.  Relatives or friends calling to purchase gifts for people sailing may not have the reservation number.  It may depend on what number you called.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That number is also for booking gifts.  Relatives or friends calling to purchase gifts for people sailing may not have the reservation number.  It may depend on what number you called.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. I know I have purchased specialty dining for friends and needed it for that but I thought I also needed it to add for OBC too.

This happened while on a cruise ship:

I wanted to add some money to my son's account while on a cruise.  He and his wife also had booked same cruise and surprised us..  I went to GS and could not ad real money  to their account without one of them being there in person.   It was quite disappointing to not be able to surprise them with extra obc.