Observation of remaining 2020 Schedule

djh

Since they have recently removed my upcoming November cruise (Eclipse November 10th) from their website,  but I have no official cancellation yet, I have started making some observations.
It appears that Solstice and Eclipse have disappeared from November and December schedules. Silhouette has disappeared from the November schedule. All other ships with the exception of Millennium are listed on the website beginning various dates in November. Reflection beginning on 11/2 to infinity beginning on 11/30 for Caribbean cruises. Millennium is still listed as doing Asia in November. Perhaps a travel bubble cruise? I find the logistics of it totally fascinating. I will be curious to see how this will all play out. 
   Our next cruises are scheduled for January on Apex. When I scheduled these I felt sure that all this would be over by then. I’m probably wrong but am hopeful.

• Like 1

I was asking if they knew when the next announcement would be made as we were due to make final payment this weekend and they suggested I might want to hold off and ring them if I needed anything on Monday....then hinted we may possibly hear something tomorrow...so I'm reading into that  our cruise is going to be cancelled and they could help me rebook something else 😪😪😪

I was surprised to see Celebrity was still selling cruises for October and on in 2020.  Azamara also is still showing late fall cruises in South Africa.    It would be great if they would make an announcement.   Cunard and Seabourn made their announcement last week canceling cruises until April 2021.

• Like 1

I was asking if they knew when the next announcement would be made as we were due to make final payment this weekend and they suggested I might want to hold off and ring them if I needed anything on Monday....then hinted we may possibly hear something tomorrow...so I'm reading into that  our cruise is going to be cancelled and they could help me rebook something else [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

So they just didn’t want you to take the refund? 🤦‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

9 minutes ago, denatravels said:

So they just didn’t want you to take the refund? 🤦‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well sort of...but if I didn't pay the final payment there wouldn't be much of a refund anyway...presume she wanted me to transfer deposit  to another cruide

I'm supposed to be on the Nov 13th Panama Canal eastbound on the Summit.  Realistically... doubtful.  But I have taken so much heart that it would STILL go and I would be on it.  If it gets canceled I can't say I would be surprised, but despair would set in and I would probably have to sit in the dark watching old movies and eating potato chips.  Don't test me.  I'll do it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i did notice several posts had been removed ...not sure why ....looking like my celebrity rep was not hinting on an announcement today after all...although maybe there's still time - assume they operate on US time so not as late over there as it is here in the UK

Interesting idea about searching specific ships …. my next trip is on the Summit in March so I decided to look at the Summit's schedule from November to March.  The first trip shown is Nov 13 as a 15 night Panama Canal cruise but everything is sold out except suites which carry a very high price.  After that everything shows logically based on length of trips and each trip has availability with "typical" pricing.

Looks like the trip in early November is gone, and based on previous examples of trips showing as sold out except high priced suites, I'd guess the Nov 13 Summit trip won't go either.

18 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Interesting idea about searching specific ships …. my next trip is on the Summit in March so I decided to look at the Summit's schedule from November to March.  The first trip shown is Nov 13 as a 15 night Panama Canal cruise but everything is sold out except suites which carry a very high price.  After that everything shows logically based on length of trips and each trip has availability with "typical" pricing.

Looks like the trip in early November is gone, and based on previous examples of trips showing as sold out except high priced suites, I'd guess the Nov 13 Summit trip won't go either.

Not sure what they are doing with that "sold out but suites" stuff.

Almost all of the Millennium sailings in Asia show the same thing.  And I know for a fact that they are nowhere near sold out because I am supposedly on one of those sailings.  They went from a lot of availability to zero availability literally overnight a couple of months ago.  Not sure what the tack is.

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Almost all of the Millennium sailings in Asia show the same thing.  And I know for a fact that they are nowhere near sold out because I am supposedly on one of those sailings.  They went from a lot of availability to zero availability literally overnight a couple of months ago.  Not sure what the tack is.

I didn't realize there were some ships with the "sold out but suites" listings that were still shown as sailing that long after the availability change.  Hope you still get to go. 

've seen it a few times just before a month of sailings was canceled, so I took it as a sign things would be canceled, but if someone was mad at their money enough to fork it over to Celebrity in the hopes of getting 125%OBC they'd gladly take it from you.

16 hours ago, jojo1966 said:

i did notice several posts had been removed ...not sure why ....looking like my celebrity rep was not hinting on an announcement today after all...although maybe there's still time - assume they operate on US time so not as late over there as it is here in the UK

Sometime soon your Celebrity Rep will be correct.  They will cancel more cruises.  This is still a long way from being over.   Not pessimistic, just realistic.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Really???  Are we now deleting posts that suggest that cruises in November will be cancelled?

I had a couple removed. No idea why. I was just trying to add a little levity to an otherwise tragic set of circumstances. 

Oh well, how do feel about formal nights? 😜

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ECCruise said:

My cruise (Eclipse November 10) has been showing sold out except for suites for a couple of months, and the suites are priced  much, much higher than what we paid for ours.  We have known for awhile that this cruise won’t go since it originates from Singapore and they are nowhere close to lifting restrictions for tourists. My guess is that it’s Celebrity’s way of keeping too many people from just booking because they know it won’t sail and getting the 125%FCC.

23 hours ago, djh said:

My cruise (Eclipse November 10) has been showing sold out except for suites for a couple of months, and the suites are priced  much, much higher than what we paid for ours.  We have known for awhile that this cruise won’t go since it originates from Singapore and they are nowhere close to lifting restrictions for tourists. My guess is that it’s Celebrity’s way of keeping too many people from just booking because they know it won’t sail and getting the 125%FCC.

This explanation of the "sold out" categories on ships we know won't sail makes more sense then anything else I've read.

We canceled our PanCanal cruise for November just before final payment as I'm sure many others did and it still shows sold out.

They do have some things working right again.  We had our deposit back on our credit card within a week!

On 9/11/2020 at 3:24 PM, djh said:

have you made your final payment on this cruise??

2 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

This explanation of the "sold out" categories on ships we know won't sail makes more sense then anything else I've read.

We canceled our PanCanal cruise for November just before final payment as I'm sure many others did and it still shows sold out.

They do have some things working right again.  We had our deposit back on our credit card within a week!

I also cancelled the November Canal Cruise just before final payment. Had my deposit and beverage package Upgrade back within a week. Even if it goes, last time I looked, a couple of the countries on itinerary were not allowing foreigners to visit. Somehow I didn’t want to pay big $$$ to only sail thru the canal.