Am I going back to cruising?

Mariazur

54 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

A few doses MIGHT be available "as early as Nov. 1".  Sure -- and pigs MIGHT fly by then.

Telling states that they "should be ready to receive a coronavirus vaccine" is very different from saying they will.  Of course, they should prepare protocols for distribution in advance - rather than wait.

RESPONSIBLE  comments from CDC  and epidemiologists indicate that it will be well into 2021 before  substantial distribution of a vaccine could be anticipated.  And, that is only IF any effective vaccine is developed at all -- which, at this point, is no sure thing.

The quote you are questioning was from the CDC TODAY. No reason to put a date on it 8 or more months in advance if there is not reasonable expectation of a vaccine. 

We all know pigs will never fly but no one knows that millions of doses of a viable vaccine will absolutely not be available this year. Maybe there won’t be—maybe there will. I don’t really care. I’ll get it when I can and live my life building my immunity until then.

Too many Debbie Downers around here.

2 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

The quote you are questioning was from the CDC TODAY. No reason to put a date on it 8 or more months in advance if there is not reasonable expectation of a vaccine. 

We all know pigs will never fly but no one knows that millions of doses of a viable vaccine will absolutely not be available this year. Maybe there won’t be—maybe there will. I don’t really care. I’ll get it when I can and live my life building my immunity until then.

"Just listened again to Director Redfield: late second quarter, early third quarter."

I read it and heard it.

14 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

I have not noticed many “Debbie Downers” - but am continually amazed by the apparently desperate belief some people show in talking about the “... millions of doses of a viable vaccine...” which they seem to think have any real possibility of being available this year.   Perhaps if they paid more attention to the medical experts who know what they are talking about....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I have not noticed many “Debbie Downers” - but am continually amazed by the apparently desperate belief some people show in talking about the “... millions of doses of a viable vaccine...” which they seem to think have any real possibility of being available this year.   Perhaps if they paid more attention to the medical experts who know what they are talking about....

Desperate belief? I said I don’t know one way or the other. Same can be said for you.

I quoted the CDC. Sure, they seem to contradict themselves but no more value can be placed on one statement than on another in that case. Again, they said it, not me.

I pay attention to the world renowned vaccinologist at my place of employment. He’s kind of a medical expert!

1 minute ago, 2wheelin said:

I quoted the CDC. Sure, they seem to contradict themselves but no more value can be placed on one statement than on another in that case. Again, they said it, not me.

Actually what the CDC says is quite different from what you seem to think they say.  

But, you should go on on believing what you want to believe if it gives you comfort. I have no further interest in this dialog.

8 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

I pay attention to the world renowned vaccinologist at my place of employment. He’s kind of a medical expert!

Please provide a link or some link quoting him. Sincerely interested.

20 minutes ago, clo said:

Well, if they're "world renowned" then surely there are links. Right?

You seem to forget how just yesterday, you made a false post and had to eat crow. So how about backing off already. Try to remember this is Cruise Critic and while you’re at it, do everyone a favor a log off for once. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Millions of Covid deaths. You’re denying it?

But hey, how could I expect you to remember 1 day and a hundred posts ago. 🙄

I think you should probably say "night-night". Pretty late in FL.

2 hours ago, clo said:

I'm sorry. Read to the end of what? Link please? TIA

As I said earlier, the link YOU posted.

Done with this questioning by you and NBT of quotes from printed material being told they are my erroneous opinion. The CDC may be correct or incorrect but as I said, I quoted them. It is not my opinion.

Our local expert is not publishing on the current vaccines as that would obviously be premature. Info based on interviews and common knowledge in the labs here.

Good night. Sleep well.

• Like 1