Miami-Dade & Broward Phase 2

brenderlou

Good news for the residents of nursing facilities in SC.  Our Governor is allowing visits for the families of residents finally.  How lonely these residents must be in their final years of life, unable to see their loved ones.  They can now visit outdoors and two at a time.  I haven't seen my grandchildren in 6 months and I can't wait for the day that I can kiss and hug them again.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I haven't seen my grandchildren in 6 months and I can't wait for the day that I can kiss and hug them again.  

My daughter/SIL and grandkids came up for a outdoor cookout in June for my birthday. That’s been it. My son, who works and lives in Miami in ICU, can’t take time off. 

Daily routines are getting more normal. Outside of the bosses work, most of what we do involves riding our motorcycles. We stay pretty social distanced. 

We both wear our masks indoors and where appropriate. The boss wears one in her office and in the hospitals. I figured if I was going to get COVID19, it would be from her. So far so good. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Good news for the residents of nursing facilities in SC.  Our Governor is allowing visits for the families of residents finally.  How lonely these residents must be in their final years of life, unable to see their loved ones.  They can now visit outdoors and two at a time.  I haven't seen my grandchildren in 6 months and I can't wait for the day that I can kiss and hug them again.  

Florida in process of opening theirs as well.

By appointment only. Not sure of restrictions. Hope to learn more this week

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Florida in process of opening theirs as well.

By appointment only. Not sure of restrictions. Hope to learn more this week

Thats such good news and I'm sure there are tons of lonely senior residents of nursing/assisted care facilities in Florida longing to see their loved ones.  👏