Miami-Dade & Broward Phase 2

brenderlou

That is great - glad to hear those counties are doing better.     

Keep up with the mask wearing and washy washy of hands and all will be fine. 

I don't watch the numbers like I use to but I hope the other states that had spikes this summer are all doing better too. 

Shame to see Spain and France having their troubles.    Seems to be all the "younger" people across the world that are being impacted now.      I wonder if I was 16 to 25 yrs. old right now how I would be handling this.    

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great - glad to hear those counties are doing better.     

Keep up with the mask wearing and washy washy of hands and all will be fine. 

I don't watch the numbers like I use to but I hope the other states that had spikes this summer are all doing better too. 

Shame to see Spain and France having their troubles.    Seems to be all the "younger" people across the world that are being impacted now.      I wonder if I was 16 to 25 yrs. old right now how I would be handling this.    

I have 3 kids in that age range. One lives in Broward county and is terrified to leave his house right now. My others live in areas not as affected, both in healthcare, so they have no choice but to go to work. They both have social lives but only with co workers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I have 3 kids in that age range. One lives in Broward county and is terrified to leave his house right now. My others live in areas not as affected, both in healthcare, so they have no choice but to go to work. They both have social lives but only with co workers.

We also have 2 sons in this age group.   Both of them are staying safe.   the one has been working from home since March and the other works at Amazon.    He has been loving all the overtime since he cannot do much of anything else (his words).   

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

One important factor that is forgotten by a few around here. 

Yes, although I would love to cruise again, I still think about the rumor I reported two months ago, that the CDC said no sailing through March 2021, or until US cases fall below 500 a day. 

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, although I would love to cruise again, I still think about the rumor I reported two months ago, that the CDC said no sailing through March 2021, or until US cases fall below 500 a day. 

That would be quite a feat, below 500 a day in a nation of almost 330,000,000.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

It could be less than 200 within a few weeks if all the states did what NY is doing

I beg to differ. The attached link attributes 849 positive cases for one day for New York State, dated September 12, 2020.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-new-record-high-number-covid-19-tests-reported-new-york-state-0

Edited by logan25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I beg to differ. The attached link attributes 849 positive cases for one day for New York State, dated September 12, 2020.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-new-record-high-number-covid-19-tests-reported-new-york-state-0

I beg to differ = RUDE!

I read wrong. I was thinking deaths. Under 500 cases? That will never happen anytime soon

Edited by cruisinfanatic

2 hours ago, logan25 said:

Thought Cuomo said they beat Covid?  I’ll be interested to see how he covers this particular day in his guide on how to beat Covid19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Thought Cuomo said they beat Covid?  I’ll be interested to see how he covers this particular day in his guide on how to beat Covid19.

That link shows a very good day.

No one has beat it. It could be a long time. What is a fact is that NYS has averaged around only 5 deaths per day, only 2 yesterday. Also a positivity of less than 1% for over a month. By far better than non mask mandated states with large populations

Edited by cruisinfanatic

8 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

That link shows a very good day.

No one has beat it. It could be a long time. What is a fact is that NYS has averaged around only 5 deaths per day, only 2 yesterday. Also a positivity of less than 1% for over a month. By far better than non mask mandated states with large populations

Even with other States outbreaks none will come close to the Death in NY and NJ, no others are even close. NJ-1818 NY-1702, MASS-1334, CT-1257, ect... In Deaths per Million, not totals. Just sad

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1