Staggered check in email

Bgcruising

On 9/11/2020 at 7:13 PM, firefly333 said:

So it says to pick a time. Can someone explain how to do this a year out. My cruise is sept 11, 2021. Exactly a year from today. Has anyone more than 90 days out been able to pick a time?

Vista, sept 11, 2021.

I got the same e-mail for a cruise 540 days out.  I think they are trying to keep us interested.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

I'm thinking that these are all automated...lol

The no later than normal available time slots kind of confirms that too.

Tobthebposter that asked if the perk was going away, ever since they have made us start picking a time if you have priority you still have to choose a time but can ignore it.

If you've been following the discussions about what steps need to be in place for cruising to restart strict adherence to checking times to avoid crowding at the pier terminal is one that's constantly mentioned across cruiselines. That does not portend a future where you can 'ignore it'. 

50 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

If you've been following the discussions about what steps need to be in place for cruising to restart strict adherence to checking times to avoid crowding at the pier terminal is one that's constantly mentioned across cruiselines. That does not portend a future where you can 'ignore it'. 

But not showing later than normal check in times to allow proper spacing of people tells me they haven't announced a decision nor enacted steps to implement this. So, to this point in time, only discussions. 

1 minute ago, Bgcruising said:

But not showing later than normal check in times to allow proper spacing of people tells me they haven't announced a decision nor enacted steps to implement this. So, to this point in time, only discussions. 

There have been no release of the all changes Carnival plans to implement to restart cruises. What that means the current check in time reservations is currently meaningless. Not showing later check in times doesn't mean there won't be once all the changes has been announced and implemented. 

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Back to the subject ...why did only some get the staggered check in notice? Loyalty level, totally random? At least we know carnival is working on a later than before staggered check in. 

We are diamond and received it. Seems almost random, at least inconsistent.