Silversea Spirit Deck

maximus217

Hi Maximus.  A couple of thoughts....  Are you prone to motion sickness?  The higher you are, the more you might sway, especially if you are closer to the bow.  If the itinerary is in waters that are usually calm, then it's probably not an issue.  All of the Veranda suites' layout is basically the same, if they are not connecting.  We've stayed on 5 & 7 on the Spirit & liked both locations but I can get a bit squeamish in rougher waters & I would rather be lower. (My husband, on the other hand, could be at the top of the mast in a storm & would be fine.)  Rest assured that nothing on board is very far from any location so don't worry about that!  We are also booked on a June cruise (Whisper) so we'll all keep fingers crossed that these will actually happen.

I see that you are from LA so I hope you are not being terribly affected by the fires.  Our air in the NW is dreadful but due to get better tomorrow.  

We’ve cruised three times on the Spirit for a total of 34 days.  Two cruises were in 918 and one in 924.   Love being on Deck 9 and the ease to get out to the pool deck where we virtually live. We would book a cabin on Deck 9 again in a heartbeat.    👍😀

Edited by Randyk47

If I am in a verandah suite I like being as close to the sea as possible and for that reason I like deck 5, midships.  I sit on my verandah and pretend I am in a sailboat.

The verandah suites, as mentioned, are essentially the same whichever deck you choose.

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

We’ve cruised three times on the Spirit for a total of 34 days.  Two cruises were in 918 and one in 924.   Love being on Deck 9 and the ease to get out to the pool deck where we virtually live. We would book a cabin on Deck 9 again in a heartbeat.    👍😀

Ah.... That's probably why we love Deck 5 for the bar! lol

22 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

If I am in a verandah suite I like being as close to the sea as possible and for that reason I like deck 5, midships.  I sit on my verandah and pretend I am in a sailboat.

The verandah suites, as mentioned, are essentially the same whichever deck you choose.

Should have added that another driver for us and Deck 9 is that the husband of the couple we cruise with has mobility issues.   Yes he could and does use the elevator but he prefers to be able to walk to an open deck.