2022-2023 Deployment

Kokomo91165

On 9/28/2020 at 10:48 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

You might need to book a placeholder cruise with a REFUNDABLE deposit.  Anything in late 2021.  Then as needed before final payment you can move to 2022.

It also seems likely given what has happened with Royal that there are huge schedule changes coming as ramping up.will take time and while some ports are open now, others might be closed until COVID cases are much much lower.

Different rules in Europe - no refundable deposits -  you'll lose your deposit of 20 % if you cancel. Don't know about the "Lift-and-shift" scheme but I doubt it will be possible to do with the quite substantial FCC we have. But I'll try to find out what Celebrity has to say on the matter even if their answers are not always consistent ...

On 9/28/2020 at 8:10 PM, Ashland said:

My July 2021 British Isles looks good to many of us...so do the Baltics .... Just depends on what you consider exciting.

Yes, that's the point. Living in Europe we won't find many of the itineraries the big companies offer that exciting any more after having seen and visited them often in our cruise lives. It's the reason why we have started to cruise less often if it' s Europe but choose smaller companies and smaller ships because they'll sail lesser-known areas. I'd perhaps choose Azamara which we love even more than Celebrity - but our FCC is only valid for Celebrity Cruises in 2021. And because of the current situation I might be forgiven that I'm looking for a cruise experience a bit nearer to home than on the other side of the world - even if I still dream of a circumnavigation of Australia or another cruise to Antarctica...

Lift and shift was just extended to Nov 30.   I wonder if the new deployments will be released before then?

Well I read the announcement and it says L&S only for the current open deployment through May 4.   I wonder if they will not allow L&S to Europe 2022 if the new deployments come out before L&S expires?

Edited by wrk2cruise

18 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Lift and shift was just extended to Nov 30.   I wonder if the new deployments will be released before then?

Well I read the announcement and it says L&S only for the current open deployment through May 4.   I wonder if they will not allow L&S to Europe 2022 if the new deployments come out before L&S expires?

I suspect not. I believe that their thought process is that cruising will resume by May, so there's no need to L&S cruises any later than May 4. 

12 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

We booked an April 2022 cruise (Japan) this past February while aboard the Edge.  Perhaps that was an anomaly though.  

April 2022 is within the already released itineraries. Currently released itineraries go up until the May 2022 repositioning/transoceanic cruises, those however excluded. May 2022-April 2023 are yet to be released, and as discussed in this thread, while normally happening late-November or early-December, who knows how it will go this year. Maybe they will release the new itineraries as planned, maybe not until the new year - or maybe not until even later.

Edited by mikkelhansen

On 9/29/2020 at 2:15 PM, grayjay said:

Yes, that's the point. Living in Europe we won't find many of the itineraries the big companies offer that exciting any more after having seen and visited them often in our cruise lives. It's the reason why we have started to cruise less often if it' s Europe but choose smaller companies and smaller ships because they'll sail lesser-known areas. I'd perhaps choose Azamara which we love even more than Celebrity - but our FCC is only valid for Celebrity Cruises in 2021. And because of the current situation I might be forgiven that I'm looking for a cruise experience a bit nearer to home than on the other side of the world - even if I still dream of a circumnavigation of Australia or another cruise to Antarctica...

You might want to check Princess. They have a 26-day circumnavigate Australia cruise in March of 2022.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:04 AM, trafficgirl124 said:

Itineraries for 2022 are supposed to be out  Jan/Feb 2021. 

I really hope it will be before that. Final payment for us is mid Jan so if we are going to L&S it needs to be before then.