Holland America Line: Not ONE word since Covid-19 lockdown

PiscesMan

We’re the same, get very few from HAL and were opted in.   Perhaps we spent too much time cruising with them last year so they’re not worried about us.  It is another of those HAL inconsistencies.   I am grateful for the new shortage of brochures from Oceania, though they are emailing frequently. 

1 hour ago, iancal said:

It is the same old story. 

When someone wants some money you will hear from them endlessly.

When they owe you money it is more like hello stranger, do I know you. 

iancal - that you so much for your common sense summary.

Why to so many humans not get this basic human/corporate operating principle?     This principle was highly on display with the cruise lines before the virus and now during this virus. Honestly, consumers need to learn to put themselves first.

My enduring principle - Cash Is King and Queen and provides choice and power - to ME. 

I think some people tend to view their favourite cruise line as they would a cherished family member rather that what it is...a for profit member of, and controlled by, a corporate conglomerate whose first duty is to provide a return on investment to it's shareholders.

I am opted in for email, text, etc but never get any emails from themI wouldn and they are not in spam or any promotional folder. We are 4 stars and have only been cruising HAL since 2014. I wouldn't mind seeing some promotional things now and then. I recently booked a 28 day Baltic and TA on the new Rotterdam for next Sep/Oct. 

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We both received individual emails today from HAL@Home regarding an announcement of their 2021-2022 Asia Season.  If anyone is interested it might be worthwhile to go to their website to check out these new Asia itineraries.

We also received this announcement.  I do not understand why some people are not getting them.  We have been regularly receiving HAL announcements.

5 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

We also received this announcement.  I do not understand why some people are not getting them.  We have been regularly receiving HAL announcements.

There is NO rhyme nor reason, but we don’t get them either and we are opted in.  I used to think and still wonder if you have bookings they don’t send them? 

30 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I used to think and still wonder if you have bookings they don’t send them? 

I don't have any bookings, and I don't get them. Yes, I am opted in. I even have money in FCDs that could be used, so they know I am looking to cruise again. 
Not having a booking may be one reason for not getting announcements, but it certainly isn't the only one. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I don't have any bookings, and I don't get them. Yes, I am opted in. I even have money in FCDs that could be used, so they know I am looking to cruise again. 
Not having a booking may be one reason for not getting announcements, but it certainly isn't the only one. 

Exactly, which means my original thought that there is no rhyme nor reason is probably more accurate 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

There is NO rhyme nor reason, but we don’t get them either and we are opted in.  I used to think and still wonder if you have bookings they don’t send them? 

I have a booking and receive them.  It would be very frustrating to be opted in and receive nothing!

• Like 1