Two senators are working to restart cruising!

luv2cruise391

Two United States senators introduced a new act establishing a task force to address the changes needed to allow cruise lines to resume operations.

According to an official statement, Senators Rick Scott and Marco Rubio introduced the Set Sail Safely Act on Wednesday in coordination with a Private Sector Advisory Committee to establish a Maritime Task Force.

ABOVE IS A COPY/PASTE from an email I got - I am a retired travel agent. Makes me feel better and better about cruising again soon - plus the guidelines established and presented by Celebrity and Norwegian to SAIL SAFELY. 

MIllion dollar question - When do YOU think cruising in US from FLL will start? I have the Apex booked for Jan.2, 2021. Sure hoping it sails. It is our 50th!

• Like 1

As long as Covid is running rampant through cities, states and provinces I cannot see a realistic scenario where cruises could safely start again.  Miaminice has a thread about an upcoming TUI Cruise that seems to be well thought out but I can’t imagine North American cruises having similar requirements.

• Like 2

No matter who twists and turns the result will be the same, cruising is DEAD as we knew, the future as suggested by RCL/NCL leaves me shuddering with disbelief.  I have no desire to holiday on a prison ship, without an effective vaccine that what it will become.  Let’s hope that medical science comes up with a breakthrough as so many lives and future depend on their success.

• Like 1

We have a January 2021 Edge cruise booked, but I'm betting it will get cancelled. If it sails, we'll be on it.

I'm sure the paused cruise industry has had an enormous financial impact on FL. Too bad the governor didn't lock the state down in March. My state locked down and has one of the lowest Covid 19 rates in the U.S. At this point, I'm more worried about being in FLL than on a cruise ship.

• Like 3

IMHO it's hard to imagine that cruising on mega-ships will be possible before Covid vaccines are generally available to the general population.  If they were required before boarding a ship, all the other precautions could be relaxed to the point that cruising would be much back to 'normal.'  Without that, the onboard experience would indeed resemble a 'prison ship.'

So far there have been some good experiences with cruises on very small ships [not perfect, but close enough that they are continuing – and how else can we learn?]  But 6,000 passengers plus how many more K crew? – the chances of several new cases coming on board and then spreading like wildfire are too great.  Sadly, Princess has given CDC all the ammunition they need to stick to their hard line until there is a vaccine.

• Like 1