Do I have to book with same agent to use FCC?

JillK

Can anyone confirm for me that I can use my FCC either directly with Royal or with a travel agent that is different from the one with whom I had the cancelled cruise booked originally? 

I have booked a cruise (refundable deposit) using my FCCs but we are now looking at something different. I am getting fed up with existing agent (long story) and would like to deal with someone else for the new booking if possible. 

Wanted to be sure I can port these to anyone before I pull the plug and have them re-issued.

Thanks! 

20 hours ago, JillK said:

Can anyone confirm for me that I can use my FCC either directly with Royal or with a travel agent that is different from the one with whom I had the cancelled cruise booked originally? 

I have booked a cruise (refundable deposit) using my FCCs but we are now looking at something different. I am getting fed up with existing agent (long story) and would like to deal with someone else for the new booking if possible. 

Wanted to be sure I can port these to anyone before I pull the plug and have them re-issued.

Thanks! 

I can confirm, yes you can use a different agent/s.

Our cruise on the Adventure (booked with Agent A) was cancelled: Selected to go with 125% FCC. FCC comes in our names. Used part of the FCC to pay for an existing booking (with Agent B), and the remainder to pay for yet another existing booking (with Agent C). We still have some left over FCC. Took a bit of time, but it was done.

Hope I haven't confused you. But, yes, you can use the FCC with another agent. The FCC is in your name, so you can use it with which ever agent or directly with Royal.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Used part of the FCC to pay for an existing booking (with Agent B), and the remainder to pay for yet another existing booking (with Agent C). We still have some left over FCC. Took a bit of time, but it was done.

How were you able to do this? All at once?  If I understood right the FCC remainder would not be reissued until after you sail. I've been holding off on even looking at future cruises, waiting for my Dec 6 (to either sail 🤞 or be cancelled).  Thanks for your help 😉

On 9/24/2020 at 12:19 PM, COFlyers2 said:

How were you able to do this? All at once?  If I understood right the FCC remainder would not be reissued until after you sail. I've been holding off on even looking at future cruises, waiting for my Dec 6 (to either sail 🤞 or be cancelled).  Thanks for your help 😉

Not all at once. It was a process and I was very patient.

I also thought one had to wait for the sailing to end and then the FCC remainder is issued.

However I read here, on CC, that if you call Royal or your TA they can help you out with this. So I called Royal first. They had to give me a call back after consulting with "the right department". The call back informed me to call the TA that had the booking I wanted part of the FCC applied to. I did. That TA did the job in 3 days. That cruise is all paid for.

Then I called Royal again to ask if I can apply the remainder of the FCC to another cruise I had booked with another TA, since I read that that can be now done (Not sure if this is a temporary courtesy that Royal is extending  due to all the issues of cruises getting cancelled and people wanting refunds and FCCs and what not).
Royal said yes, I had read correct and they would do it immediately (if booked directly with them) but I had a TA on that reservation so I would have to have the TA call to get it done and yes, once they (the TA) call to initiate the request, they will do it. So I requested the TA to call. Took about 2 or 3 weeks to get everything done. And the second cruise is paid for.

I still have some leftover FCC which I can use for a short cruise. But I will sit on it for a bit, since my bag of patience is tanking almost zero. So after a while of some patience replenishing and some months of ohhhmmmms,  I may start thinking about how to put the last remainder of the FCCs to use.

I hope you have not had to take asprin after reading this! 😉😁

Was the 2nd cruise going to be after the first one that the FCC was applied to ?

I have used an FCC for a  April 2022 booked cruise and I assumed that I can't apply what is left over to a Oct 2021 or March 2022 cruise that will sail before the 2022 ? Confused...sorry.

The FCC is yours and attached to your account/name.  It should be yours to use period.    I received mine in an email and so did my TA.  We're holding off on  using ours until late next year, even though we have a b2b scheduled in May.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Was the 2nd cruise going to be after the first one that the FCC was applied to ?

I have used an FCC for a  April 2022 booked cruise and I assumed that I can't apply what is left over to a Oct 2021 or March 2022 cruise that will sail before the 2022 ? Confused...sorry.

Call and ask.  Things change and so does the answer that you get from different reps. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call and ask.  Things change and so does the answer that you get from different reps. 

And just which number do I call to get to the right person ?...Not sure calling the main number for RCI I'll get correct info and having it applied to any of my booked cruises. I'm assuming the regular reps can't do this.

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I hope you have not had to take asprin after reading this! 😉😁

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Our FCC is enough for at least 3 cruises if done well, and I wanted to start shopping for deals, but have been hesitant.  I appreciate you taking the time! 🙂  Happy Sailing!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ashland said:

If that question was for me:

Yes, second cruise is after the first one.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’d call guest relations 800.256.6659

🙏I have to say a big thank you to you for all the great info and examples you post.

I read all your posts in various threads and then called Royal to initiate the headache.😁 And it got done.

And you are absolutely correct i saying that "things change". I bet when I call for the final remainder to be applied they will ask me to wait till I finish my second cruise.😉

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1