Sydney Harbor

tillys mom

12 hours ago, trbarton said:

Last year I sailed out of Sydney on the Majestic. It was spectacular leaving & going by the Opera House. 

Here’s a photo from the Majestic. Yes a very scenic view.

Tom😀 

Here's a bit larger scene taken from the Sydney Harbour Bridge, including the Opera House and the Emerald Princess docked at the Circular Quay. November 2016...

Sydney Harbor.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, tillys mom said:

Several years ago we enjoyed a magnificent sail into Sydney Harbor. I’m looking at a cruise in 22 that sails out of the harbor and wondered if it was as special. Has anyone done both? Thanks for your help.

Yes, we have and it was spectacular both directions.   

We also had Sydney as a regular port stop on one cruise, so we didn't leave at 4-5pm, but in the early hours of the morning.  I went up on the tip-top observation deck, because we were on the Rhapsody of the Seas, and I wanted to watch as we went under the bridge.  All the lights in the city and on the bridge were still on, so it was gorgeous.  I watched the traffic coming across the bridge, and everyone would speed up to the bridge, see our ship, and slow waaaaaaaay down to watch us.  This happened continuously for about 30 minutes, and as we started to actually go under the bridge, the morning commute traffic stopped completely on the bridge to watch.  It was pretty cool.

17 hours ago, rlbeck said:

Good points! Rated in the top three in the world, the other being NYC. We will be leaving out of Sydney and arriving in San Francisco on Sapphire in April 2022. Fingers crossed. 🙂

We are looking at that cruise - bucket list Sidney + San Francisco. Any thoughts on April as a travel month ?

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

We are looking at that cruise - bucket list Sidney + San Francisco. Any thoughts on April as a travel month ?

It should be just fine. Warm weather pretty much the whole way over. It would be late sailing season in Australia and early on the west coast. With New Zealand stops, Bora Bora, Tahiti, Moorea and Hawaii along the way. What's not to like. 🙂