All Grandiosa-Cruises from Genova in Nov & Dec are "zeroed out"

monsterl

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

Update!  As of yesterday 28 Oct,  All sales of cruises on MSC Grandiosa and Magnifica have been paused.  No word yet about cruises due to sail in the near future.  Because of travel restrictions put in place by the German government we decided to change our cruise on Grandiosa to a date in 2021.  MSC is being very cooperative, our TA got an answer to our request in less than 24 hours.  Cruise date changed and no fee charged for making the change.

Some European Countries have introduced additional restrictions which prohibit their residents from traveling to Italy, and therefore those people cannot book or sail imminently. MSC have not paused sales or sailing for regions which are permitted to do so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Some European Countries have introduced additional restrictions which prohibit their residents from traveling to Italy, and therefore those people cannot book or sail imminently. MSC have not paused sales or sailing for regions which are permitted to do so.

I can't find any european site that is NOT willing to sell the MSC cruises for all the dates in 2020!

4 hours ago, sidari said:

Sailing bookings have stopped for those in the Netherlands due to increased cases in Italy. The information appeared on the MSC Netherlands page.

Well that is just VERY few people affected if true.

I think someone posted it was a hack and not even true.....

Can't find that announcement on the NL site for MSC!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

MSC updated their webpage for German customers today, based on the changing situation in Germany:  https://www.msccruises.de/routenupdate

• German customers can still book cruises.
  • German customers can still go on a cruise (and are not impacted by new German government restrictions)
  • German customers may (if they want) cancel their cruise if they want, as parts of Italy have been designated risk areas by RKI.
  • German customers may (if they want) take a free COVID-19 test before they disembark, in order to avoid the 14 days quarantine when they return to Germany.

With the resurgence of the virus in Europe it is certainly getting interesting for MSC, and will be a strong test of their procedures.  Italy currently has a COVID-19 rate of 389 cases per 100k people in the last 14 days, and France has a rate of 700 cases (per 100k people in the last 14 days).   By comparison, the USA is currently on 293 cases per 100k people in the last 14 days!

I have my fingers crossed.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 8420PR said:

MSC updated their webpage for German customers today, based on the changing situation in Germany:  https://www.msccruises.de/routenupdate

• German customers can still book cruises.
  • German customers can still go on a cruise (and are not impacted by new German government restrictions)
  • German customers may (if they want) cancel their cruise if they want, as parts of Italy have been designated risk areas by RKI.
  • German customers may (if they want) take a free COVID-19 test before they disembark, in order to avoid the 14 days quarantine when they return to Germany.

With the resurgence of the virus in Europe it is certainly getting interesting for MSC, and will be a strong test of their procedures.  Italy currently has a COVID-19 rate of 389 cases per 100k people in the last 14 days, and France has a rate of 700 cases (per 100k people in the last 14 days).   By comparison, the USA is currently on 293 cases per 100k people in the last 14 days!

I have my fingers crossed.

I can assure you MSC is being very cooperative and they have the testing organised very well  @crazyank
was misinformed and passed that misinformation on to this board.

8 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

I can assure you MSC is being very cooperative and they have the testing organised very well  @crazyank
was misinformed and passed that misinformation on to this board.

well, that won't happen again.  We have always passed on information exactly as we got it from either the cruise line or our TA.  We will no longer pass on any info.

• Like 1

Changed, cruises can! See this translation from

Shipping Italy
 Home Ships
 In Italy, cruises can continue to sail: Dpcm revised in extremis
 November 4, 2020

Two ships of Costa Crociere and MSC Cruises in the port of Genoa

Unlike what was predicted in the latest draft circulated until late yesterday evening, the Dpcm that Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte signed last night and which was published in the Official Gazette does not stop cruises.

Article 8 of the decree, entitled 'Provisions relating to cruise ships and foreign-flagged ships' specifies in fact that "Cruise services by Italian-flagged passenger ships can only be carried out in compliance with the specific guidelines referred to in  to annex 17 of this decree, validated by the technical-scientific committee referred to in article 2 of the ordinance of 3 February 2020, n.  630, of the Head of the Civil Protection Department, starting from the date of August 15, 2020 ".  Therefore with the same rules for the restart of the ships adopted so far.  The second paragraph adds that "Cruise services can be used by those who are not subjected or obliged to comply with health surveillance and / or fiduciary isolation measures and who have not stayed
 or transited in the fourteen days prior to embarkation in states or territories referred to in lists C, D, E and F of Annex 20 ".  These are the countries considered most at risk for the spread of infections.

Sorry, yes! I was too late to edit my previous post. The text changed overnight! However, the new rules may still have an impact on upcoming sailings, because of the travel history requirement. I don't know if MSC was already checking everyone's travel history in the 14 days before embarkation, but if you have been in any of the "D-E-F" countries during that time, you are not supposed to cruise. (The lists of countries can be found in Annex 20, here.) D-E-F seems to cover everywhere outside of EU+.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

13 hours ago, sidari said:

Italian Government have decided not to stop cruises out of Italy.

True,  however we're guessing that the various travel restrictions and lockdowns in several different countries will make getting to the ports difficult

MSC Cruises has suspended sailings of Magnifica from November 8 to December 18 after new restrictions on travel in France and Germany, two key markets. Grandiosa will continue and extend its sailings in the western Med until March 27. The MSC 2021 world cruise has also been cancelled.