No sail order extended to October 31st.

Arizona Wildcat

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

I wonder why the sacred cow RCL/X isn't setting the tome? They just sit back and wait and piggy back on whatever everybody else does. Great sign of leadership.

RCL/X had their vice-chairman, the person who reported directly to Bayley, retire and move over to become the new global chair of CLIA. He’s been running the show there at CLIA for several months. Seemed pretty strategic at the time, now so much more like prescience.

https://cruising.org/en/news-and-research/press-room/2019/january/2019-global-chair-adam-goldstein

So now RCL/X has a close associate at the top of CLIA, the organization that is negotiating for the cruise lines to come up with the laundry list for restart. Sounds like leadership on the surface to me, and the inside track. Something I missed?

And some additional food for thought. How many cruise lines will still be around in a couple of years?  RCL, Carnival and uh ... nobody. Maybe that’s the wrong question though, now that I think about it. How about hotels, airlines, attractions and other global travel concerns? Tough time for the business.

Seems like October 31st is very close indeed, too close for me to believe a large-scale restart is likely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

I believe Happy Cruiser was referring to the Mein Schiff and MSC sailings that have had NO issues on ships since they began sailing over the last two months.  MSC had some false positives last week that were followed up by 2 sets of negative tests.  I, for one, am very happy that these 2 lines are sailing healthy, they help set the tone for what needs to be done by other lines to get them sailing again.

Of course one can say that there has not been problems if they limit the lines they are including to only those that have not had any problems since the restart.

1 minute ago, nocl said:

Of course one can say that there has not been problems if they limit the lines they are including to only those that have not had any problems since the restart.

Those are the 2 Happy Cruisers was talking about, and the only lines with ships of any substantial size that are sailing anywhere.

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Oh for goodness sake.... what about Carnival, Norwegian, Cunard, Crystal, Viking...etc etc....... 

You were in such a hurry to defend them you must have missed the "and everyone else" in the post. What exactly have they actually done besides saying "they are working on it". Whining and passing the buck doesn't count.

32 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

You were in such a hurry to defend them you must have missed the "and everyone else" in the post. What exactly have they actually done besides saying "they are working on it". Whining and passing the buck doesn't count.

Apparently you are unaware they have already submitted their guidelines to the CDC.  As noted above RCL has half ownership in the Mein Schiff ships, so I guess they do have some input in what has been done to make those cruises for 2 months now safe. Which is MORE than can be said for some of the other major lines but I certainly don't fault them for it. I'm certain they are ALL watching those cruises with great interest as they prepare their own companies to sail again under whatever guidelines the CDC deems necessary.

Your referencing Royal/X as the sacred cow certainly made no sense to me, as I said why single that line out when Carnival, NCL, Crystal, Viking, etc etc... are all in the same situation?

And, yes, I did defend them, so what?  I happen to like the cruiseline.

34 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Apparently you are unaware they have already submitted their guidelines to the CDC

No, they have not.  They have submitted an advisory panel's recommendations, which act as a "position paper" or "negotiating point", but this is far from the action/response plan that the CDC requires before re-starting cruising.  If the CDC accepts the Healthy Sail board's report as acceptable outline of what the cruise lines intend to do, they will then need to compile the detailed, company and ship specific action plans for submittal and review by the CDC.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

No, they have not.  They have submitted an advisory panel's recommendations, which act as a "position paper" or "negotiating point", but this is far from the action/response plan that the CDC requires before re-starting cruising.  If the CDC accepts the Healthy Sail board's report as acceptable outline of what the cruise lines intend to do, they will then need to compile the detailed, company and ship specific action plans for submittal and review by the CDC.

Ok, I stand corrected on that point, but still see no reason for the other posters reference to RCL/X as the "sacred cow" of the industry.... 

Edited by Gracie115