anthem of the seas nov 13? cancelled?

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Less than 40 people (on a SW plane that holds 143) on my flight on Saturday.

That's good for the passengers, but not so much for the airline. Did you fly from a major city or a smaller one? The domestic flights Mike has been deadheading on have been full. Granted that's only been 2 last week and 1 today since he finished 787 training. Unfortunately the 787s won't be in Miami until late October so deadheading it is. I just hope there is very little covid being spread on the flights.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I very good friend of mine works for United and he said some flights are full or near full, but alot of flights are 0.25 to 0.50% full.    All depends on the location.   Location, Location, Location.

I don't think US citizens are allowed to fly back and forth to Europe for vacations - only for essential business travel (last I read)   Has that changed?    

Are Europeans allow to fly into the US for vacation?    Will they be allowed to fly hear to board a cruise ship?   

I was thinking the location also had something to do with it. The flights Mike has been deadheading on are from. Miami to Dallas.

When they get the manifest they aren't told which county the passengers are from. He did say most last names looked like they were foreigners, but that doesn't always mean they are. One flight attendant told him there was a person that was allowed to fly to Amsterdam since his father had died. He was the only one since he was the oldest and the other 4 siblings couldn't go. How sad. 

I'm not sure if they are letting Europeans fly here or not for vacations. Even if they are they might be safer over there. 😀

So far there are 35 passengers out of 234 seats going to Frankfurt from Dallas. I'm also curious who is flying internationally.

Edited by ReneeFLL

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

SW has a policy, through the end of Nov, to not fill plane capacity beyond where middle seats would have to  be used.

Glad someone is doing that. I thought some of the other airlines said they would also do it, but AA hasn't and sounds like United hasn't either. 🤔 

Just curious, but were you flying from a major city to another one?

Edited by ReneeFLL

5 hours ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Passengers have been passing through EWR daily for months. Is there any difference between  passing through an airline terminal and a cruise terminal? Just curious.

Well I would think the cruise line would have a manifest  of where people are traveling from. State or Cruise line could request proof of quarantine before allowed on the ship.  You get off a plane your on the honor system

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Ignore the doom and gloom nay sayers that have absolutely no proof of their information.  

As in the old saying...."only a fool is for sure".  😉 

Sorry to post off topic but CC doesn't support private messaging.  Wanted to let you know the northern TA you've been wishing for opened today.  Jewel 8/31/21

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Sorry to post off topic but CC doesn't support private messaging.  Wanted to let you know the northern TA you've been wishing for opened today.  Jewel 8/31/21

I just looked on rcl site and dont see that sailing?  Very interested in that sailing too.  Ty

13 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Thanks Mindy! 

Unfortunately, RCI cancelled my B2B Jewel out of Amsterdam (8/8/21 and 8/20/21).   On disembarkation day (9/1/21) we were to simply transfer over to the Viking 15 day river trip to Budapest.  I have not cancelled that one yet, but plan to do so when I get home (didn't bring paperwork).  

Where is the TA coming from?  Odd they just posted that now, with having cancelled the previous cruises. 😞 

I think I will simply wait until 2022 to try it again.   But thanks again for the heads up.  🙂 

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks Mindy! 

Unfortunately, RCI cancelled my B2B Jewel out of Amsterdam (8/8/21 and 8/20/21).   On disembarkation day (9/1/21) we were to simply transfer over to the Viking 15 day river trip to Budapest.  I have not cancelled that one yet, but plan to do so when I get home (didn't bring paperwork).  

Where is the TA coming from?  Odd they just posted that now, with having cancelled the previous cruises. 😞 

I think I will simply wait until 2022 to try it again.   But thanks again for the heads up.  🙂 

It's Copenhagen to Boston 12 nights.  Still not on USA website.  I had to call.

1 minute ago, MindyJohn said:

It's Copenhagen to Boston 12 nights.  Still not on USA website.  I had to call.

Thanks again Mindy.  I was really bummed when they cancelled the Amsterdam sailings...especially this far out.  It was the Baltics and British Isles cruise.   Would have been visiting Greenland and Iceland, but would not be a TA...round trip.   Frustrating.  RCI took Jewel to Copenhagen instead, which does not work for me with the former plan of connecting easily to the Viking cruise.  

Sigh...I think next year is doomed for me.  Just waiting for RCI to cancel my 8 leg Serenade (Sydney to Vancouver), booked to stay on the ship from 2/10/21 through to 5/16/21.  😞 

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks again Mindy.  I was really bummed when they cancelled the Amsterdam sailings...especially this far out.  It was the Baltics and British Isles cruise.   Would have been visiting Greenland and Iceland, but would not be a TA...round trip.   Frustrating.  RCI took Jewel to Copenhagen instead, which does not work for me with the former plan of connecting easily to the Viking cruise.  

Sigh...I think next year is doomed for me.  Just waiting for RCI to cancel my 8 leg Serenade (Sydney to Vancouver), booked to stay on the ship from 2/10/21 through to 5/16/21.  😞 

Such a shame the way the schedule got jettisoned.  I had 4 on Jewel in the Fall.  You had a lot of plans that you're having to give up.  Take care, and I'll quit hijacking this thread.  My email's in my signature.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I called and they said they didn't show that sailing. I need to book another TA since my June one was cancelled.

Yesterday I booked direct by calling 800-526-9723 and asking for Jewel 8-31-21.  Open cabins are showing on the website that scans the seas.

Edited by MindyJohn

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

Yesterday I booked direct by calling 800-526-9723 and asking for Jewel 8-31-21.  Open cabins are showing on the website that scans the sea.

Got it. I did call direct, but as usual the guy was clueless. Thanks for the info.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:06 AM, boscobeans said:

Very true. Subways, Trains, buses and planes seem to be fine, but as far as I am concerned being on a cruise ship with 50% capacity and well regulated social distancing seems a lot safer than being in a plane for 3 or 6 hours...

But according to the Canadian transport minister no one ever got covid from flying  

https://globalnews.ca/news/7288950/marc-garneau-aviation-safety-coronavirus/