Muster station locations for Adventure OTS

34 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Haven't they abolished physical muster stations when cruising resumes?  I thought there was a new virtual check-in?

They've updated the muster drill exercise prior to departure.  Muster stations are still required for an actual muster during an emergency.  

Edited by twangster

7 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Haven't they abolished physical muster stations when cruising resumes?  I thought there was a new virtual check-in?

I thought so too. I remember reading that you watch a video in your cabin....and just have to go check (have your Sea Pass scanned)  in at the assigned muster station prior to embarking. But the old muster lineup is no more.  Yes...No ???

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

I thought so too. I remember reading that you watch a video in your cabin....and just have to go check (have your Sea Pass scanned)  in at the assigned muster station prior to embarking. But the old muster lineup is no more.  Yes...No ???

They still need physical stations. I believe that's where you need to go to complete virtual check in. If there is an actual emergency, I'm guessing Covid becomes secondary

The last time I sailed was October 2019.  We did have to go to a muster station then. I know each ship may be different.  How will they know you watched the video before checking in?  I only question this because we heard ALOT of grumbling from many cruisers (I assume those that cruise alot and watching the video over and over is annoying to them) and will they really watch the video in their cabin or just go have their seapass card scanned anyway.

Just thinking out loud.

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Picture taken on board.

Thanks twangster