Royal Restarts in Singapore with Cruises to Nowhere

7 minutes ago, masteradept said:

Is the Covid testing not subsidized though? From my experience booking they mentioned it would be covered by Royal for voyages before 31st Jan 2021.

When I read it in the Straits Times article, it didn't clearly specify that, but alluded to us forking out the money ourselves 48-72 hours prior to boarding to get the test done. Royal is just making sure everyone has a negative cert? 

Also are you booking a cruise on Quantum soon?

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

When I read it in the Straits Times article, it didn't clearly specify that, but alluded to us forking out the money ourselves 48-72 hours prior to boarding to get the test done. Royal is just making sure everyone has a negative cert? 

Also are you booking a cruise on Quantum soon?

They mentioned here that they'd be covering it until 31st Jan, though no details yet. I suppose we'll find out more closer to December (will it be at port, before, will there be a centralized screening for all passengers or will we do it on our own and claim payment from Royal etc.?)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/royal-promise

Yep, I booked two already actually (that's how much I miss traveling and cruising lol). Got a GS on the opening cruise and a JS later in December. Luckily I don't have to deal with that solo supplement though, it really is pricey. Also have a bunch looking to splurge on a GLS sometime in March if we're still not going to be able to fly anywhere till then.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, masteradept said:

They mentioned here that they'd be covering it until 31st Jan, though no details yet. I suppose we'll find out more closer to December (will it be at port, before, will there be a centralized screening for all passengers or will we do it on our own and claim payment from Royal etc.?)

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/royal-promise

Yep, I booked two already actually (that's how much I miss traveling and cruising lol). Got a GS on the opening cruise and a JS later in December. Luckily I don't have to deal with that solo supplement though, it really is pricey. Also have a bunch looking to splurge on a GLS sometime in March if we're still not going to be able to fly anywhere till then.

Lucky you, makes me kind of envious you have three in the plans. Do you think the covid-19 tests will still be swab tests, or rapid tests?  

4 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Lucky you, makes me kind of envious you have three in the plans. Do you think the covid-19 tests will still be swab tests, or rapid tests?  

Certainly hoping they're rapid tests! Seems like the MOH is slow to approve them, but hopefully there'll be some movement by December.

Also, I have to give props to Royal for paying for the tests up till Jan, seems like Genting isn't doing the same with World Dream. Those World Dream prices too...

9 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Yes, which is why it's uneconomical for me to solo these sailings. 

You just need to look around for "Sales".

Biker, who doesn't think RCI and Genting will find enough locals only to fill the ships through March at current prices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You just need to look around for "Sales".

Biker, who doesn't think RCI and Genting will find enough locals only to fill the ships through March at current prices.

Maybe it'll be 50% of the 50% capacity, so 25% capacity in the end with those kind of prices. Well a poll conducted by The Straits Times found that of 1000 people surveyed online, 49% said they would not go on a seacation, and 51% said they would. So, tough...

42 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Maybe it'll be 50% of the 50% capacity, so 25% capacity in the end with those kind of prices. Well a poll conducted by The Straits Times found that of 1000 people surveyed online, 49% said they would not go on a seacation, and 51% said they would. So, tough...

Probably depends on whether flights to other places open up anytime soon. If travel to places like Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia etc open up (they've been talking about bubbles but nothing so far) then the cruises will be a harder sell, but if there's no way to fly anywhere I think RC and Dream will have a better time of selling cabins.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked in Dec as well. I used a FCC from a Spectrum sailing.  For a family the prices are good. It’s than I paid last year for a 4 night on QOS.   Kids sail free right now and the COVID test is included until end of Jan.  It’s better than staying home or another staycation where you have to book the pool for a specific slot.  With only 50% capacity the ship should feel empty and a lot of sailing already have sold out classes. 

Here are two roll calls started

Edited by Sail n Snow

6 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

If all goes well, I might also be sailing around that time! 🙂

I'm sailing on 4 Mar though i'm considering if i want to book another cruise in Jan/Feb just to get the double points to help raise my loyalty points but prices are not exactly favourable.

1 minute ago, direptor said:

I'm sailing on 4 Mar though i'm considering if i want to book another cruise in Jan/Feb just to get the double points to help raise my loyalty points but prices are not exactly favourable.

Check out the 22nd Feb sailing! It's the cheapest 3n sailing for 2021. Think it started at $374 per person. The rest are a little on the high side. 

Yeah but even 374 for interior 3 night sailing is rather pricey and i tend to go for Balcony/Junior Suites. Furthermore 3 nights Mon-Thu is quite taxing on my annual leave.

I'm actually hoping for 1 or 8 Mar sailing price to drop then do a B2B. Hopeful that means i won't have to swab twice too depending on what happens then.

Edited by direptor

11 minutes ago, direptor said:

Yeah but even 374 for interior 3 night sailing is rather pricey and i tend to go for Balcony/Junior Suites. Furthermore 3 nights Mon-Thu is quite taxing on my annual leave.

I'm actually hoping for 1 or 8 Mar sailing price to drop then do a B2B. Hopeful that means i won't have to swab twice too depending on what happens then.

Haha that's quite ambitious of you. I wouldn't know how that would work out in such circumstances. Balcony cabins should generally be cheaper than interiors because of the percentage of balcony to inside cabins, but who knows with covid restrictions.

On certain cruises, the Balcony prices are close to Interior but in general i still feel they are on the high side. There is also no member discount for balcony and suite rooms which is disappointing, they are just giving 50 USD OBC for members.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are interested:

Cruisers need to:

1. Take a rtPCR SARS-CoV-2 test (between 24 hours and 3 days before your cruise).

2. Collected a physical contact tracing (TraceTogether) token or download the contact tracing application onto your phone.

3. Always wear the Tracelet Wristband during your cruise

4. Stick to assigned check-in times and wellness screening times.