Royal Restarts in Singapore with Cruises to Nowhere

4 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

For those who are interested:

Cruisers need to:

1. Take a rtPCR SARS-CoV-2 test (between 24 hours and 3 days before your cruise).

2. Collected a physical contact tracing (TraceTogether) token or download the contact tracing application onto your phone.

3. Always wear the Tracelet Wristband during your cruise

4. Stick to assigned check-in times and wellness screening times.

Full details

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/royal-promise?country=SGP&ecid=em_11t_sgphrt_ema_1742_apac_sgp

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/vessel-operators-optimistic-about-consumer-response-to-cruises-to-nowhere?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1607259973

"Ms Angie Stephen, managing director for Asia-Pacific at Royal Caribbean International, noted: 'The demand for our product has certainly exceeded our expectations. Singapore is a great base of business, and we're planning on building back confidence in the cruising industry and ramping up safely."

"As for whether more ships will be added to the sailing roster, we'd like to start safe and slow - but as Royal Caribbean has the most ships in the world, there's always an opportunity."

Interesting article and interesting choice of words. Is RCL hinting at the consideration of the deployment of a second ship to Singapore? It would be an easy logistical change with 3 or 4 ships anchored in the OPL

5 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/vessel-operators-optimistic-about-consumer-response-to-cruises-to-nowhere?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1607259973

"Ms Angie Stephen, managing director for Asia-Pacific at Royal Caribbean International, noted: 'The demand for our product has certainly exceeded our expectations. Singapore is a great base of business, and we're planning on building back confidence in the cruising industry and ramping up safely."

"As for whether more ships will be added to the sailing roster, we'd like to start safe and slow - but as Royal Caribbean has the most ships in the world, there's always an opportunity."

Interesting article and interesting choice of words. Is RCL hinting at the consideration of the deployment of a second ship to Singapore? It would be an easy logistical change with 3 or 4 ships anchored in the OPL

It could be a good location to use as a training ground for the staff.  Depending on how longer Singapore restricts travel there may also be demand for these types of sailings.   

4 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

It could be a good location to use as a training ground for the staff.  Depending on how longer Singapore restricts travel there may also be demand for these types of sailings.   

Even with the slow opening of air travel bubbles, i think a lot of people won't travel when it first opens up.

• 1 month later...

MBCCS port schedule shows an interesting 2-week break of cruising from 12/04/2021 to 26/04/2021, also what looks to be a 1 night cruise/or some other non-revenue relocation for a night. Interesting. Could this 2 week be a drydock/routine maintenance?

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 10.21.32 AM.png

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

MBCCS port schedule shows an interesting 2-week break of cruising from 12/04/2021 to 26/04/2021, also what looks to be a 1 night cruise/or some other non-revenue relocation for a night. Interesting. Could this 2 week be a drydock/routine maintenance?

A little birdie told me Voyeger May be starting in March,and possibly a port call in Malaysia?

34 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A little birdie told me Voyeger May be starting in March,and possibly a port call in Malaysia?

I don’t see any stops soon.  Malaysia is battling an outbreak right now unfortunately.  

Now Bintan or Batam are two small Indonesian islands that could work if a travel bubble could be worked out. 

I was supposed to be on Voyager last summer so if it does start here. I’d go on another cruise to nowhere. 

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

One more interesting thing is RC still has 2 10 days sailing on April 5th and 15th sailing from Tokyo list on their site.  Now Japan is closed until end of March but with the current outbreak I don’t see these happening but this could be part of that gap.  Or maybe like you said time for some maintenance.  

43 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

I don’t see any stops soon.  Malaysia is battling an outbreak right now unfortunately.  

Now Bintan or Batam are two small Indonesian islands that could work if a travel bubble could be worked out. 

I was supposed to be on Voyager last summer so if it does start here. I’d go on another cruise to nowhere. 

Yea Malaysia is unlikely. 

25 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

One more interesting thing is RC still has 2 10 days sailing on April 5th and 15th sailing from Tokyo list on their site.  Now Japan is closed until end of March but with the current outbreak I don’t see these happening but this could be part of that gap.  Or maybe like you said time for some maintenance.  

Japan leg is probably cancelled as well. If the dates on Singapore's port schedule are a more revised reflection of their plans. 

9 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

It's a dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

The following new departure dates of Quantum (all are 3 nights, Singapore cruise to nowhere) in summer 2021 just appear on Cruisingpower.

May: 10th / 17th / 24th

June: 7th / 14th / 21st

RCI Singapore website does not have these sailings yet.

I saw this yesterday and now it’s not in the search but I copied the link. It’s a May 13th sailing. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/e...antum/QN04I699

Maybe a glitch and not supposed to be published yet as QoS still has two 10 day Japan trips available, which are probably going to be canceled. 

Edited by Sail n Snow

36 minutes ago, Sail n Snow said:

I saw this yesterday and now it’s not in the search but I copied the link. It’s a May 13th sailing. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/e...antum/QN04I699

Maybe a glitch and not supposed to be published yet as QoS still has two 10 day Japan trips available, which are probably going to be canceled. 

I can't see this May sailing

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

The following new departure dates of Quantum (all are 3 nights, Singapore cruise to nowhere) in summer 2021 just appear on Cruisingpower.

May: 10th / 17th / 24th

June: 7th / 14th / 21st

RCI Singapore website does not have these sailings yet.

Wonder what happened to the rest of April and beginning May sailings?

Edited by Ethanol95

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is there Star Class on these sailings? I'm only seeing up to Sky Class online.

Yes, Star Class is available, but it looks like most of those rooms were already booked for many of the sailings. 

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you scroll back to Jan 25 on the Singapore Cruise Society Facebook page, you'll see a review by someone in Star class suite.

Yes. I’ve noticed the suites seem to sell fast on these sailing.  I’m not sure if it’s because they only use half of them or are really popular as most folks haven’t been able to travel (without a 2 week hotel quarantine in most cases plus 3 swab tests) in almost a year.  

My fingers are crossed for a Royal Upgrade on on our March, 3 night sailing.  Last cruise was during the holidays and was at sold out  (50% full per regulations).