Lift and Shift on Cancelled Holiday sailing

Homestyle

I have just tried to L&S from our cancelled April 4th holiday sailing Asia cruise and move it to Christmas holiday Asia sailing, same number of days, same itinerary (ish), same class of ship.   It was met with a resounding NO! I was offered three for next March/April 2022.  The problem is we already had the Circle Japan trip booked for 10th April 2022, so obviously wouldn't want another one.  Anyone had any luck with this type of adhoc L&S request,

We were also booked on the 4/4 sailing.  We looked at  L & S but the options were not what we were interested in so we will use our deposit on a different sailing.  
The 4/4 sailing had options, not all itineraries have options under L & S.  The sailing you want is way outside the parameters of L & S.  From what I have read they are sticking to the program criteria. 

As this is the third cruise we have had cancelled, like many I'm sure, I was hoping for a miracle. Not happy to pay twice the price we paid for the April trip and half the benefits. We'll only get 125% of the deposit, as the mucked around with the previous FCC and didn't apply it to this cruise prior to the cancellation, which would have made it paid in full. 

3 hours ago, Homestyle said:

As this is the third cruise we have had cancelled, like many I'm sure, I was hoping for a miracle. Not happy to pay twice the price we paid for the April trip and half the benefits. We'll only get 125% of the deposit, as the mucked around with the previous FCC and didn't apply it to this cruise prior to the cancellation, which would have made it paid in full. 

You have a decision.  Pay the extra $$ or take a refund.  It certainly seems that the expiration dates for FCCs will need to be extended if cruising does not resume soon.

L&S seems to work for many.  Many more it does not work.

We cancelled our 9/20  med cruise since we expected it to be cancelled & ports were closed & rebooked the same cruise, ship & itinerary for 9/21. Our same cabin (S1) was almost double the price so we booked a lower grade. Two days after we did the transaction X came out with the L & S program. They refused to permit us to qualify for the program. We took the issue to higher ups and they also refused saying no exceptions!..It's left us with a bad taste, especially since they have made exceptions on other issues including non identical itineraries, dates and ships.

"We cancelled our 9/20  med cruise since we expected it to be cancelled & ports were closed & rebooked the same cruise, ship & itinerary for 9/21. Our same cabin (S1) was almost double the price so we booked a lower grade. Two days after we did the transaction X came out with the L & S program. They refused to permit us to qualify for the program. We took the issue to higher ups and they also refused saying no exceptions!..It's left us with a bad taste, especially since they have made exceptions on other issues including non identical itineraries, dates and ships."

Your not the only one's getting a bad feeling about future booking with Celebrity. Like I told my travel agent its not your fault but the cruise line is taking full advantage of their customers with no wiggle room as far as I can see. I told my travel agent I would call back in two months at the end of my L and S opportunity. That opportunity might not materialize so I will be out of my deposit. I am sure other cruisers are not happy going forward with their next cruise. Making a set date to cruise again will be a roll of the dice and most likely snake eyes will show up. I don't like this one bit. Tim

11 minutes ago, vivian02 said:

"We cancelled our 9/20  med cruise since we expected it to be cancelled & ports were closed & rebooked the same cruise, ship & itinerary for 9/21. Our same cabin (S1) was almost double the price so we booked a lower grade. Two days after we did the transaction X came out with the L & S program. They refused to permit us to qualify for the program. We took the issue to higher ups and they also refused saying no exceptions!..It's left us with a bad taste, especially since they have made exceptions on other issues including non identical itineraries, dates and ships."

Your not the only one's getting a bad feeling about future booking with Celebrity. Like I told my travel agent its not your fault but the cruise line is taking full advantage of their customers with no wiggle room as far as I can see. I told my travel agent I would call back in two months at the end of my L and S opportunity. That opportunity might not materialize so I will be out of my deposit. I am sure other cruisers are not happy going forward with their next cruise. Making a set date to cruise again will be a roll of the dice and most likely snake eyes will show up. I don't like this one bit. Tim

Kind of unfair to Celebrity and all the cruise lines.  L&S rules were very clearly laid out, perfect, no, frustrating if can't get exactly as one wants, sure and that is understandable.  My refund for a cancelled cruise was quite easy and my L&S worked out well for me.  Was actually able to get a B2B (my first) folllowing my May 1, 2021 TA, same ship (Apex) and same room...if it sails!

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Kind of unfair to Celebrity and all the cruise lines.  L&S rules were very clearly laid out, perfect, no, frustrating if can't get exactly as one wants, sure and that is understandable.  My refund for a cancelled cruise was quite easy and my L&S worked out well for me.  Was actually able to get a B2B (my first) folllowing my May 1, 2021 TA, same ship (Apex) and same room...if it sails!

I agree if the cruise lines did not permit some exceptions, but once the door opens, make it fair to all. I'm so glad you got what you wanted but from your comment  apparently you don't  care about other cruisers.

Edited by dabear

1 hour ago, dabear said:

I agree if the cruise lines did not permit some exceptions, but once the door opens, make it fair to all. I'm so glad you got what you wanted but from your comment  apparently you don't  care about other cruisers.

L&S rules were very clear.  Has nothing to do with my "caring about other cruisers". 

I'm fully aware of the L&S rules, but my cancelled itinerary goes from Singapore, to Vietnam, all places I've not visited and finally arriving in Japan. I don't consider being offered an only Japanese alternative as a swop like for like and I already have the cycle Japan trip booked for April 20th 2022.  No one is refunding me my BA openjaw Club world tickets. And the 125% FCC uplift of £75 doesn't scratch the surface of what I'm out of pocket. This is also following my Eclipse trip in Chile that never happened this March. 

11 hours ago, LGW59 said:

L&S rules were very clear.  Has nothing to do with my "caring about other cruisers". 

If the rules were "very clear", why has X made many exceptions to them?  See many posts on this topic on CC.

Yes they have made some exceptions.    More early on before they had tools to clearly identify eligible replacement sailings.  I was even able to get one.  I had a 10 night Equinox sailing.   Equinox is only doing 9 and 12 night itineraries next year and is the only ship sailing in the Caribbean at the time.  I was able to get an exception to switch to a 9 night at the same price I had for the 10 night so 1 day less for the same price.   Fortunately I had a great deal on the sailing so it still made sense.

I don't think I've seen exceptions made when there were eligible sailings available which seems to be the case for the OP (3 sailings offered).   I also have not seen exceptions made outside of the +/- 4 week timeframe.