Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello Scriv, I remember you!

Glad you are well and hope your cruise goes ahead 😊

Thank you - and you Sue. Our cruises for our special year - our 40th Wedding Anniversary and a Biggie to Canada for Husband's 70th Birthday - disappeared into lockdown haha, but hey ho, we're alive and well. 

My hopes for next year's cruise in June - a Flycruise via Malta - are temperate, so I won't get excited until nearer the time.

Have loved reading through all your posts and giving a virtual WAVE to familiar names.... what  a lovely way to spend a nostalgic afternoon.

Great thread!

Edited by Scriv
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Thank you - and you Sue. Our cruises for our special year - our 40th Wedding Anniversary and a Biggie to Canada for Husband's 70th Birthday - disappeared into lockdown haha, but hey ho, we're alive and well. 

My hopes for next year's cruise in June - a Flycruise via Malta - are temperate, so I won't get excited until nearer the time.

Have loved reading through all your posts and giving a virtual WAVE to familiar names.... what  a lovely way to spend a nostalgic afternoon.

Great thread!

We lost my husband’s 60th birthday cruise but we have a med cruise booked for next September so fingers crossed! We are grateful to be well as you say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Where's Vamps???🤔

Avril

She was on a few weeks ago and said she had been busy .I think she was after laying some turf .

Also sorting out things for the girls Halloween as she said she also loved that night being a "retired Goth"

herself . I thought she would have popped in again to let us know she was still doing ok , maybe she will 

if she reads this .:classic_unsure::classic_smile: 

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

She was on a few weeks ago and said she had been busy .I think she was after laying some turf .

Also sorting out things for the girls Halloween as she said she also loved that night being a "retired Goth"

herself . I thought she would have popped in again to let us know she was still doing ok , maybe she will 

if she reads this .:classic_unsure::classic_smile: 

Yes, I remember her saying they were laying turf and also a patio. I hope she's not ''gone and been and done herself a mischief'' as my gran would have said😁

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scriv said:

Hi - if anyone remembers me, Scriv, I haven't been for a while, no particular reason...Just perhaps a bit of a change of focus during lockdown and covid etc rather than daring hope to dream about holidays and cruises etc etc and needing a bit of a break away from the usual topics lol

Am still in touch on other sites with Mystical Mother, DaiB, and a few others. All alive and well, just more or less the same I think.

Nice to see some of your names here - hello in particular to Selbourne and Presto, Terrier John etc... always thought I would come across you on board one day.

I've booked some excursions for a cruise which may or may not happen June 21 .. decided to take the plunge once convinced I could cancel with full refund up to 3 days beforehand, so I can dream a little.

Bye for now... Scriv

Nice to hear from you Scriv. I’m a bit like you and don’t post all the time. I don’t use this forum for general ‘chit chat’ like many do (not knocking it - just saying), just for cruising related matters, but there’s not much of that to discuss at present for obvious reasons! This thread has been great for driving a few of us out of the woodwork, even though 99% of the posts are off topic 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scriv said:

Hi - if anyone remembers me, Scriv, I haven't been for a while, no particular reason...Just perhaps a bit of a change of focus during lockdown and covid etc rather than daring hope to dream about holidays and cruises etc etc and needing a bit of a break away from the usual topics lol

Am still in touch on other sites with Mystical Mother, DaiB, and a few others. All alive and well, just more or less the same I think.

Nice to see some of your names here - hello in particular to Selbourne and Presto, Terrier John etc... always thought I would come across you on board one day.

I've booked some excursions for a cruise which may or may not happen June 21 .. decided to take the plunge once convinced I could cancel with full refund up to 3 days beforehand, so I can dream a little.

Bye for now... Scriv

Just so lovely to see old names on here (apolgise for the old) - please don't leave us for other places ---- you'll find that the P&O forum has become a really amazing place for people to talk about cruises and everything else as well to support one another. Don't be a stranger 🙂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Nice to hear from you Scriv. I’m a bit like you and don’t post all the time. I don’t use this forum for general ‘chit chat’ like many do (not knocking it - just saying), just for cruising related matters, but there’s not much of that to discuss at present for obvious reasons! This thread has been great for driving a few of us out of the woodwork, even though 99% of the posts are off topic 😉

And no one cares 🙂  To be fair to CC they have let us all ramble on now since March !!! I just hope that once the brochure comes out we can all start talking cruises again and looking forward. My wish is that one day we can all meet up somewhere (preferably on a ship) to say hello in person. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Scriv said:

Bye for now... Scriv

Nice to hear from you again and let's hope we can all meet up on a cruise sometime soon, if not P&O then Kalos is frantically scouring the used cruise line websites looking for a bargain buy.:classic_cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Nice to hear from you again and let's hope we can all meet up on a cruise sometime soon, if not P&O then Kalos is frantically scouring the used cruise line websites looking for a bargain buy.:classic_cool:

Sounds good!

30 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

And no one cares 🙂  To be fair to CC they have let us all ramble on now since March !!! I just hope that once the brochure comes out we can all start talking cruises again and looking forward. My wish is that one day we can all meet up somewhere (preferably on a ship) to say hello in person. 

Would be so good... it's really special whenever we manage to meet in real life. 🙂

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It's lovely to catch up.... one day, we will sail again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I know I don't post a lot but, as said it would be lovely to be able to meet up on a cruise and get to know everyone in person.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I do empathise Avril.  I've been feeling a bit like you.  I'm quite reserved really so although I enjoy and value reading everyone's stories on here and feel the connection, I'm not too good at sharing my feelings so don't contribute too much.  My friends often comment on how upbeat I'm being but that belies quite a lot of underlying anxiety.  But you've always seemed so positive and been supportive of others so I hope you soon feel rather better and that wine does the trick!  

I'm much better at sharing experiences, asking for advice or hopefully offering some tips too.  And in that context when cruising was 'active' i used to post quite a lot.  I look forward to the time when that all returns for so many reasons. 

In the meantime I send my best wishes to all and I'll continue being an active reader, gaining comfort - and many a smile (kalos et al  😉) from keeping an eye on what's occurring on here. 🙂

Kruzseeka you have helped me loads over the years. I never would have guessed you were shy.

I don't read the newspapers or anything a journalist has to say as I now realise it is either rubbish or down right lies. If you look at all the effort scientists are putting in there WILL be solutions. They have never failed us yet. Hopefully it won't be too far away. Keep yourself safe and think happy thoughts. Sending you my sincerest good wishes, V.

Avril, you too 'Happy thoughts'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Once this is all over, we could have a Stoke, Staffs, Cheshire etc get together over a nice meal somewhere local. More likely than on a ship, could be on a canal narrow boat I suppose. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy v said:

Kruzseeka you have helped me loads over the years. I never would have guessed you were shy.

I don't read the newspapers or anything a journalist has to say as I now realise it is either rubbish or down right lies. If you look at all the effort scientists are putting in there WILL be solutions. They have never failed us yet. Hopefully it won't be too far away. Keep yourself safe and think happy thoughts. Sending you my sincerest good wishes, V.

Avril, you too 'Happy thoughts'.

Thank you happy v - lots of memories of our 'chats' in the old days when in a very supportive forum I learned so much and benefited from the advice, ideas and info from you and other posters.  It gave us confidence when we were inexperienced travellers to give it a go with DiY excursions at many ports of call, and became quite adventurous (within reason!). 

You are right in your initial assumption though happy v,  I'm not really shy - I'm quite a chatterbox and will hold my own especially on behalf of others if I sense unfairness.  I just tend to be reserved on a more personal level in terms of expressing my emotions.

Thank you for your kind and supportive words. 🤗    You're right, you can dwell too much on the news much if which has sensationalised headlines which often don't reflect the real picture.  But we're coping well really, finding plenty to occupy us.  I've managed to be positive on the whole but this last week has just been a bit depressing with the increasing rates. The really wet and windy weather hasn't helped either as a nice walk to blow the cobwebs away and raise the spirits hasn't been an option. 

Like you, I do think there will be solutions and hope that won't be too far away and in the meantime will take your advice to think happy thoughts. 😉

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

Once this is all over, we could have a Stoke, Staffs, Cheshire etc get together over a nice meal somewhere local. More likely than on a ship, could be on a canal narrow boat I suppose. 

Not too narrrow though, there are quite a few of us😉

Avril

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pete14 said:

Would I need a passport to get back into Stoke-on-Trent 🤣 I know there are border controls but that is more to stop people leaving not going in. 

32 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Would I need a passport to get back into Stoke-on-Trent 🤣 I know there are border controls but that is more to stop people leaving not going in. 

Now now ...be have !!!! 😉