I'll be retiring in 2023.  As a kind of Grand Finale we are looking to do an East to West TA with a British Isle cruise on the front end. 

We found a 23 day with Princess that is actually packaged that way.   That would certainly simplify things. 

We haven't seen packages like that for other lines.  Is Princess alone with marketing like this or do others as well?

some lines  will do the British isles  then the TA

Not everyone wants to do the whole trip so they will market them as 2 separate cruises

Also look at Spring TA's with the British isles after the crossing  if you do not find one going  the East to west route  when you want to sail

46 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

some lines  will do the British isles  then the TA

Not everyone wants to do the whole trip so they will market them as 2 separate cruises

Also look at Spring TA's with the British isles after the crossing  if you do not find one going  the East to west route  when you want to sail

In fact, we found a Spring TA on Celebrity, Ft L to Amsterdam, then continuing with a British Isles from there that would fit the bill plus X is our preferred line. 

One point of discussion this morning is can we keep the same cabin and do we have to leave the ship in Amsterdam just to return later in the day.  To my way of thinking the answers would be "Of course" to the cabin and "That's asinine" to leaving the ship.  But in this new era, who knows.

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

In fact, we found a Spring TA on Celebrity, Ft L to Amsterdam, then continuing with a British Isles from there that would fit the bill plus X is our preferred line. 

One point of discussion this morning is can we keep the same cabin and do we have to leave the ship in Amsterdam just to return later in the day.  To my way of thinking the answers would be "Of course" to the cabin and "That's asinine" to leaving the ship.  But in this new era, who knows.

If the cabin that you want for the TA is also available for the British Isles cruise, I know of no reason why you would need to change cabins.

Will you be required to get off in Amsterdam on turn-around day?  I would not think so.  Why wouldn't one want to get off in Amsterdam? 

But, as you said, "who knows" what the "new era" of cruising will require?   

Edited by rkacruiser

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

If the cabin that you want for the TA is also available for the British Isles cruise, I know of no reason why you would need to change cabins.

Will you be required to get off in Amsterdam on turn-around day?  I would not think so.  Why wouldn't one want to get off in Amsterdam? 

But, as you said, "who knows" what the "new era" of cruising will require?   

To clarify on Amsterdam, DW has read reviews of B2Bs where folks were required to disembark and go through customs.  That's what I was really wondering about and I wasn't very clear.   We've been to Amsterdam and probably would do something that day.

9 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

To my way of thinking the answers would be "Of course" to the cabin and "That's asinine" to leaving the ship.  But in this new era, who knows.

Some ports you are required to leave the ship  until it is zeroed down

Not sure if Amsterdam is one of those ports or not

It is out one door & back into the port building  where you wait to reboard

You do have to  do this in US ports

Some people like to go off  sightseeing or pick up supplies 

but in the "New World" of cruising  they may not allow  B2Bs

On 10/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, cltnccruisers said:

To clarify on Amsterdam, DW has read reviews of B2Bs where folks were required to disembark and go through customs.  That's what I was really wondering about and I wasn't very clear.   We've been to Amsterdam and probably would do something that day.

We did the inaugural and TA on the Horizon 2018 there were over 600 of us doing the BTB no disembarkation we all met in the MDR to get our new sail and sign cards a light breakfast wine and juice pictures and we had the ship to ourself for about 2 to 3 hours.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, cltnccruisers said:

I repeat:  if you have booked a b2b and the initial cabin is available and is also available at the time of booking, there is no expectation that a change in cabins would be required.

Being required to disembark the ship upon arrival at Amsterdam, no one can say "yea" or 'nay" at this point of time.  If one needs to do so, unless there is a reason for not preferring to not do so, the attractions available in the city cry out for a tourist's explorations!