Cruising on costa with covid, will it be same on CCL?

jimbo5544

I found this video online that a passenger on MSC Grandiosa posted about their experience sailing with the Covid protocols. It looks like something that I’d be Ok with.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

I found this video online that a passenger on MSC Grandiosa posted about their experience sailing with the Covid protocols. It looks like something that I’d be Ok with.

Thanks for posting!  Looks very doable and now I'm thinking about booking an MSC cruise in the future!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, jimbo.  To answer the question you asked in the title of this thread, if Carnival were to sail RIGHT NOW or very soon (before the end of the year), then I think their protocols will be very much like these.  Otherwise, who knows?

Personal notes:

• For some reason, I like Costa's ways of tracing (through the card) better than I like MSC's (through the medallion)
  • Reception by appointment... that'll be interesting
  • Separate exits and entrances in restaurants... I wonder how that would work with Carnival's MDRs, which on the ships I've been on have had one narrow entrance and the same narrow exit
  • Dining times a hybrid of set and flexible... my first impression is no me gusta
  • New excursions added with a new package option - five for 99 euros (about $115).  Sound like a good idea, but the devil is in the details.
  • Swab tests before every excursion!!!  
  • Monthly swab tests for the crew... I'm surprised any authority would agree to so few.  The crew interact with each other and the passengers quite a bit.

6 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing, jimbo.  To answer the question you asked in the title of this thread, if Carnival were to sail RIGHT NOW or very soon (before the end of the year), then I think their protocols will be very much like these.  Otherwise, who knows?

Personal notes:

• For some reason, I like Costa's ways of tracing (through the card) better than I like MSC's (through the medallion)
  • Separate exits and entrances in restaurants... I wonder how that would work with Carnival's MDRs, which on the ships I've been on have had one narrow entrance and the same narrow exit

If it's like restaurants here in SC, you put on your mask before you get up from your table and exit.  Or if you go to the bathroom.  Basically anytime you leave your table. 🙂

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Personal notes:

• Dining times a hybrid of set and flexible... my first impression is no me gusta
  • New excursions added with a new package option - five for 99 euros (about $115).  Sound like a good idea, but the devil is in the details.
  • Swab tests before every excursion!!!  
  • Monthly swab tests for the crew... I'm surprised any authority would agree to so few.  The crew interact with each other and the passengers quite a bit.

I cannot think of a MDR on a Carnival ship that does not have a second entrance.