2/2022 Freedom canceled - replaced with Explorer

maggieq

7 minutes ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

We only received $100 in OBC for them changing the cruise, not $100 pp. So the only OBC we have is right now is $100. 

I had first heard that it was going to be $100pp as that was what Royal Reps were telling people on the phone. I have confirmed through my TA that is now $100 per cabin. I wish it was pp but I'm not surprised that they made it per cabin. With 3 in our Jr. Suite, it's not like we can do a whole lot with the extra $100 but we will find a way to spend it.

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I had first heard that it was going to be $100pp as that was what Royal Reps were telling people on the phone. I have confirmed through my TA that is now $100 per cabin. I wish it was pp but I'm not surprised that they made it per cabin. With 3 in our Jr. Suite, it's not like we can do a whole lot with the extra $100 but we will find a way to spend it.

Well, I can live with $100 per cabin, but I'd like the original $175 OBC back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrSnarkyPants said:

but I'd like the original $175 OBC back.

I think they should honor that too. We had a $25 OBC given to us for our son to use to join us for a specialty dinner for 2 that our TA is throwing in. Royal took away the $25 and now my TA is trying to get the credit back. Weird that the travel agency would give us a dinner perk for only 2 of 3 people staying in our suite.

For those of you who have received your updated cabin assignments on the Explorer, did you also receive your $100 for staying booked?  Ours is not showing  up yet when we log in.  I ASSUMED that they just haven't gotten around to applying it yet.

I opted to cancel my cruise on the day I got the email I hate to and wanted to cruise so bad but explorer isnt comparable with freedom being revamped.  Well just now I receive an updated booking confirmation. They put us in a different room and say we owe money. Our previous cruise on freedom was a lift and shift from 2021 that we were fully paid for. So much for not having to wait on hold. This cruise has been booked since 2017 and been changed so many times either by us or them with drydocks etc that I'm just ready to start over I feel like this booking is cursed! 

6 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

For those of you who have received your updated cabin assignments on the Explorer, did you also receive your $100 for staying booked?  Ours is not showing  up yet when we log in.  I ASSUMED that they just haven't gotten around to applying it yet.

I received my confirmation today for our March 2022 B2B change from Freedom to Explorer.

My $100.00 per cabin was noted and my same category went down on 1st leg $142.00

and 2nd leg went down $114.00. At least we got the same cabin (mid-ship OS) on both legs and not exactly the middle hump we had on Freedom but I'm OK with just forward of that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

did you also receive your $100 for staying booked? 

Ours finally showed up yesterday (Thursday) on the cruise planner. I still can't access drink packages or internet packages.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:01 PM, Sea Dog said:

I think they should honor that too. We had a $25 OBC given to us for our son to use to join us for a specialty dinner for 2 that our TA is throwing in. Royal took away the $25 and now my TA is trying to get the credit back. Weird that the travel agency would give us a dinner perk for only 2 of 3 people staying in our suite.

After a lengthy stay on hold:

- The OBC for not canceling the cruise is $100 per cabin

- Of the $175 OBC on our original booking, $75 of that is promotional credit that they will not transfer to the new sailing.

However, the new booking is costs less than the original, so that was a nice surprise.

So we ended up with $200 OBC total. Now we wait to see if the cruise happens! Mask up, folks.

Edited by MrSnarkyPants
  • Like 1

We have Freedom April 2021 but got moved to Explorer Dec 2021 and April 2022.  We are okay with it since the itin stayed the same.  If they would have moved us to the ABC's it would have been a deal breaker.  We moved one from our original date to a week earlier so that we could get Antigua.  Price was less so it was all good.

• Like 1