The Daily for Thursday Oct 22, 2020

richwmn

National Nut Day -- Does anyone else remember the Almond Joy/Mounds jingle?

"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...."

That's been in my head since I read the Daily this morning. So now I pass the earworm on to you --- you're welcome!!😜

Edi

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

That's correct, it is a ferry that carries vehicles.  I'm pretty sure both this ferry and the next one had restrooms in the cabin but I'm not sure.  There isn't really anything more on Gothenburg, it was just a single night there.  I'll add a bit of planning info here, one of my go to sites in planning the trip was seat 61, and they described the route from London to Moscow in quite a bit of detail so planning it was pretty easy.

Roy

Thanks Roy. We have seat 61 on our computer which we used in Europe. I will go check it out London to Moscow👍
Denise😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

The plan for my 2003 terrestrial circumnavigation of the globe included 4 overnight segments by ship.  After my 2 nights in Edinburgh I caught a quick train to Newcastle and a shuttle to the port.  The then Princess of Scandanavia sailed from Newcastle to Gothenburg, Sweeden, a journey of about 26 hours probably twice a week (That service no longer exists and the ship is now the Moby Oban, connecting Genoa and Liverno).  We left Newcastle at 3PM Friday and arrived in Gothenburg at 5:30PM Saturday.  There was an intermediate stop in Kristansand, Norway although through passengers were not permitted to go ashore there.

wrld1180.jpg.b234158c18d5b9526beb5a57a5084ca1.jpg
Many of the details of the voyage are pretty foggy now but I think meal service was a cafeteria with a pretty good selection of items.  There was outdoor deck space but not a significant place to walk.  My cabin was small but comfortable.

wrld1200.thumb.jpg.f3332825f91ed38bf3b4574ed1cf7eae.jpgI took a tram from the port to my hotel in Gothenburg.  It’s now something quite routine but was new to me at the time.    Dinner (Pasta I think) was on the sidewalk outside a restaurant.  There was a curtain of heavy plastic strips to keep clod winds at bay.

Roy

Here she is on the Noordzeekanaal (North Sea Canal) between Amsterdam and the IJmuiden locks in April 1991, Roy

2622663.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Happy 39th again @Ichiban Nekko; that was Jack Benny's age for 41 years, I hope you get to enjoy it at least that long!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

I like to say "the 30th anniversary of my 39th birthday", for an example.  Makes everyone think for a minute.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thank you Rich. What an interesting group of days. Right now, I'd say every day in National Nut Day. 🙃  Thumbs up for the quote. I did a job I've pushed and forgotten about for 6 months today, and I do feel good because it is done!  We had pork chops for dinner.

@gigianne, do you mind saying where those sculptures are located? It might be worth a day trip. They are fascinating.

Roy, those are a couple of good leaders-caring about the people first.

On the vaccine conversation. We will take a vaccine that is approved by the health experts (not the politicians). But we will get one as soon as I am convinced it is a good one! 👍

Happy Birthday, @Ichiban Nekko. I  was 29 for a lot of years. When the kids caught up, I needed to push the birthday to 39

@sailingdutchy, that is a looonnng driveway.

@rafinmd, please take care of yourself!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask. 😷

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Dismomx5 said:

Thank you Rich. What an interesting group of days. Right now, I'd say every day in National Nut Day. 🙃  Thumbs up for the quote. I did a job I've pushed and forgotten about for 6 months today, and I do feel good because it is done!  We had pork chops for dinner.

@gigianne, do you mind saying where those sculptures are located? It might be worth a day trip. They are fascinating.

Roy, those are a couple of good leaders-caring about the people first.

On the vaccine conversation. We will take a vaccine that is approved by the health experts (not the politicians). But we will get one as soon as I am convinced it is a good one! 👍

Happy Birthday, @Ichiban Nekko. I  was 29 for a lot of years. When the kids caught up, I needed to push the birthday to 39

@sailingdutchy, that is a looonnng driveway.

@rafinmd, please take care of yourself!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask. 😷

The pictures were taken at Crawford Lake Conservation area on Guelph Line, North Burlington.  

Edited by gigianne
  • Like 2