Apex restaurants

mljatsea

We will be using the four main restaurants on our Apex cruise in October 2021. I have been trying to find the capacity of each (normal capacity, not trying to figure out any COVID spacing). Are they all the same size? From reading my roll call it seems that people are already making reservations in these (not speciality) restaurants a year in advance! Our last four cruises have been on small ships with  true open dining and our previous Celebrity cruises were in Blu so I'm trying to figure out this different system for our "open" dining on Apex.

Thanks in advance for replies.

It really depends on whether APEX is sailing at reduced capacity or not in Oct 2021 for your cruise.  If capacity restrictions in the dining rooms are still in place it might not realistically matter if you book now a year in advance.  Seating will change.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mljatsea said:

My main question is "Are each of the four restaurants the same size?"

As none of us has yet been on the APEX, can't really give an answer.  But if EDGE is an indication, then yes, they are approximately the same size

• Like 1

When we were on the Edge one of the dining staff said that Cosmopolitan was slightly larger than the other 3.  

You can make reservations pre-cruise in the planner  or you can just show up when you want to dine.

Pre-COVID reports were that On the Edge most had no difficulty getting seated without reservations with a short 5-10 minute, if any wait.

On Edge, very soon after we made the booking, I made reservations for each night of the cruise, at least one night in each of the main dining rooms.  My wife then upgrades us to Aqua, and Blu, so all of my dining room reservations were cancelled.  While on board, we went to each of the four main dining rooms, without reservations, and were seated almost immediately.  

Here is is a link created by vtcruising who was the Queen of Edge during its buildout. She passed away less than a year ago, and we all miss her very much. The link will take you to lots of Dining Information about Edge including restaurant capacities. 

• Thanks 1