CDC releases Conditional Sailing Order

Anchorbuoy

15 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

On December 7th, CDC again updated the list that shows which cruiselines and ships have a complete and accurate response plan for operating in US waters with the CSO (conditional sailing order).  Regent and all of its ships are still absent. 

It is possible that Regent has decided not to sail in the USA until vaccines are widespread ??

Believe the list you are referring to is only for ships to repatriate crew and has absolutely nothing to do with passenger sailings.  This list was developed prior to the conditional sailing order as no ships as yet have received a conditional sailing order nor have any done the required test cruise. 

The reason Regent ships are not and will not be on that list is they do not need to be because the all left US waters snd have no need to return to perform crew repatriation or exchange. 

On 11/28/2020 at 4:24 PM, flossie009 said:

I found this CDC website page to be interesting, particularly the following paragraphs.....

"What does it mean if a cruise line or cruise ship is not listed on the table above?

If a cruise line or cruise ship is not listed, it means it is not operating and does not plan to operate in U.S. waters during the initial phases of the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order"

23 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Believe the list you are referring to is only for ships to repatriate crew and has absolutely nothing to do with passenger sailings.  This list was developed prior to the conditional sailing order as no ships as yet have received a conditional sailing order nor have any done the required test cruise. 

The reason Regent ships are not and will not be on that list is they do not need to be because the all left US waters snd have no need to return to perform crew repatriation or exchange.

The CDC appears to have merged the utilization of the chart to include CSO application status.  CSO would be a prerequisite for passenger sailings.

Our first Regent cruise was scheduled for this past May. While we do plan to try Regent with one of our upcoming cruises, we have sailed several times on Viking. I am well aware that the link below is from Viking, but I thought some might find it interesting. The video outlines the safety procedures they are implementing and also states that they hope to begin sailing in April. One very interesting new procedure will require all passengers and crew to be COVID tested daily.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/my-trip/health-and-safety/health-and-safety-program.html?contid=30093278208_1025646297&utm_id=email_vrc.53847022&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.53847022&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email

11 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Thank you for sharing this information.  It certainly increases my interest in trying Viking.  Unfortunately, I have FCCs on both Regent and Crystal that I need to use first in 2022.  I am resolved not to book anything else until the pandemic is under control and my 2022 bookings sail,  or at the very minimum until the ships are all sailing with relatively normal life on board.

• Like 1

Find it interesting that it has taken until December 7 to determine which air purifier will be installed on all 28 ships under NCLH including Regent.  Assume it will take several months to procure, fabricate adn then install the air purifiers on all of Regent ships so don't understand why it took until a week or so ago to cancel Jan-March cruises.

With the multitude of configurations and existing hardware on all of the NCLH ships will not be quick to design, fabricate and install in all ships.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/12/07/2140633/0/en/Norwegian-Cruise-Line-Holdings-Announces-Partnership-with-AtmosAir-Solutions.html