Epic Drydock

voyager1964

The drydock isn't needed for re-coding rooms.  What it IS needed for is probably the statutory requirements for class certification as it seems the last visit was probably in 2015 during the refit then.  There may be no refurbishment done during this period, only required maintenance. 

If she doesn't have scrubbers in the exhaust they will probably be added as was done on the Breakaway and the Getaway (and an article indicated 8 other ships in the fleet, probably the NCLH fleet, were getting them as well) last month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

Would very much like to see the Priscilla gone in this drydock and replaced with smth less progressive...

Maybe this might happen ... it’s been 5 years ... the first one The Blue Man group lasted 5 years before it got replaced with Priscilla. 

We were on the repositioning cruise after her first 5-year dry dock. At that time, they demolished all of the public areas down to the deck plates and rebuilt them all. In addition to replacing a lot of stateroom furnishings. And cutting a hole in the hull to take out and replace two engines. Not sure how much they want to spend this time with the suspension of operations. 

All of the ships are supposed to be upgrading their Air conditioning systems to be HEPA level sanitation. All the ships get some form of refurbishment every 5 years the level of that work varies massively, depending on licensing arrangements for venues and shows as well as general wear and tear beyond planned maintenance. Epic had some engine issues last year so I’d expect there to be some major work on those for this refurb. 

19 hours ago, erikb923 said:

Any idea if they are doing any major changes interior wise or just some TLC?

Hoping to have a great TA cruise in 2022 on the Epic! 

Hopefully cut off those ugly block of Haven staterooms up top & forward that make the Epic look like she has a "brain tumor".

Just kidding, I know there are a lot of Epic fans on here. Please don't flame me;

30 Amazing Fire Animated Gif

Btw - if you'll notice my profile pic, it is of the Epic so I must not be too anti-Epic, eh?

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 6:06 PM, voyager1964 said:

Would very much like to see the Priscilla gone in this drydock and replaced with smth less progressive...

I've attended more than a dozen performance of Priscilla onboard Epic, and truly enjoyed each one (though some casts were more talented than others), and I'm going to predict that there will not be a future performance of that show again on that ship (in the history of ever).

On 11/11/2020 at 10:58 PM, BirdTravels said:

We were at the first performance of Priscilla on the Epic and really enjoyed it. At the time, Priscilla the movie was repeatedly playin on the stateroom movie channel too. 

BT:  I definitely remember that as well, yet with the stateroom TV, interactive info/booking screens in public areas, signs and verbal instructions at the box office, announcements by Cruise Director, signs outside/inside Epic Theatre, and a pre-show announcement . . . there would be still be someone at each performance to say, "Ugh, they should warn us about that!"

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

I'm booked in the Haven for November 2021 Transatlantic crossing...hoping it goes!

The current conditional sail order ends on 11/01/21. Hopefully, if it ends on time, they will be allowed to do a TA crossing. Good Luck, the Epic has the best Haven in the fleet. Enjoy.  

18 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

I'm booked in the Haven for November 2021 Transatlantic crossing...hoping it goes!

We are booked for the November 2021 too.  Holding our breath. Final payment not due until mid summer.  Things will have to change somewhat before we pay it though.